Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenheron Pre Launch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Pedanticness

Andyb2018 wrote: »
    Has anyone started queuing for Glenheron yet?
    There was people there from about 4 yesterday. Started taking names and numbers around 7 and started sending people away.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 This2ShallPass

2011;106700089
    Gforcemurphy;106655589I know what you mean, but a larger footprint downstairs is more important for me.

Understood. I just mean that the square footage in a dormer can be a bit deceptive as it suggests that it has more usable space than it actually has. Having said that they are an impressive looking house.

And they are going for €600k + which IMO is crazy money, especially as the upstairs would be quite small. They do look great from the outside and they are detached but I think the 4 bed detached would have a lot more room and will probably go for similar money.
    Does anyone know if people started queuing and when?

2011;106700089
    Gforcemurphy;106655589I know what you mean, but a larger footprint downstairs is more important for me.

Understood. I just mean that the square footage in a dormer can be a bit deceptive as it suggests that it has more usable space than it actually has. Having said that they are an impressive looking house.

And they are going for €600k + which IMO is crazy money, especially as the upstairs would be quite small. They do look great from the outside and they are detached but I think the 4 bed detached would have a lot more room and will probably go for similar money.
    Does anyone know if people started queuing and when?
    They started queuing early yesterday afternoon. 4 bed semi d's are starting at 495k. The big two story 4 bed detached will be 650k and the dormers will be somewhere in between. I've heard starting at 575k.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭REFLINE1

Could somebody post up a pricelist if its available, thanks.

REFLINE1 wrote: »
    Its not, they've only released guide prices which have been mentioned above.

• Advertisement

I believe the 3 beds are starting from 425 and the 4 beds start from 495 not sure about the View.

I believe the 3 beds are starting from 425 and the 4 beds start from 495 not sure about the View.
    There is no 3 beds left in Glenheron, they are all four beds. Only 3 beds will be in The View.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭REFLINE1

Will be interesting to see how the prices compare to Seagreen Gate and Waverley when they launch.

Will be interesting to see how the prices compare to Seagreen Gate and Waverley when they launch.
    Seagreen is launching pretty soon, what about Waverly? Is that meant to launch in the summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 misstrekvix

Are all the houses gone already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Ollivander

Does anyone know what time the show house opens at tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Viewings tomorrow and Sunday from 12pm to 2pm, while the plans for The View at Glenheron can be inspected from an information suite.

Source>>>>https://www.independent.ie/life/home-garden/new-homes/new-home-view-setting-in-stone-36801166.html

Hope everyone got what they wanted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Woodenframe

Does anyone have the road version list? Did they sell out?

Does anyone have the road version list? Did they sell out?

What do you mean road version?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Woodenframe

Sorry I meant price list.. I have no idea how that became road version!

Sorry I meant price list.. I have no idea how that became road version!

I believe the dormer bungalows started from 575k the 4 bed semi-detached from 499,950 however some of them were going for 520k as well as the 3 beds starting at 435k for the semi-d and the terraced 3 bed was going for 420k..please do correct me if Im wrong

I believe the dormer bungalows started from 575k the 4 bed semi-detached from 499,950 however some of them were going for 520k as well as the 3 beds starting at 435k for the semi-d and the terraced 3 bed was going for 420k..please do correct me if Im wrong

That’s right. And End of 3 bed terrace was 430. The 4 bed detached was 700,000

That’s right. And End of 3 bed terrace was 430. The 4 bed detached was 700,000

Didn't realise the 4 beds were going for so much, crazy money!

Does anyone know anything about the big Cairn sign just past the Lidl on the way to Bray..I think the road is Rathdown Lower but not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Didn't realise the 4 beds were going for so much, crazy money!

Does anyone know anything about the big Cairn sign just past the Lidl on the way to Bray..I think the road is Rathdown Lower but not sure

That sign has been there a couple of years now. Not sure if they have secured planning yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Blingy wrote: »
    That sign has been there a couple of years now. Not sure if they have secured planning yet.

just checked the council website - no planning apps for the field opposite the cemetery - do Cairn even own it? Could just be an ad.

loyatemu wrote: »
    just checked the council website - no planning apps for the field opposite the cemetery - do Cairn even own it? Could just be an ad.

You are probably right, specially if there is no planning permission and the sign has been there for years.

I think there is another site in Delgany that they probably will be starting.

https://www.cairnhomes.com/portfolio/2018/2/27/farrankelly-delgany-co-wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Shop40

Was at the viewings yesterday. Have to say I was completely shocked at the price of the 4 bed semi! The rooms were very small, apart from the en suite and the downstairs bathroom. The front room was tiny. Of course, left empty to appear bigger. 500k is a ridiculous price. Also, very narrow space to drive in/out of the estate. That will wreck a few heads.

Have to say though that I really liked the dormer- spacious and lovely layout.
    They're a drive away from the dart, which I don't consider an amenity unless it's within walking distance.

It's gone crazy again, and your man from the bank there and all.

Shop40 wrote: »
    Was at the viewings yesterday. Have to say I was completely shocked at the price of the 4 bed semi! The rooms were very small, apart from the en suite and the downstairs bathroom. The front room was tiny. Of course, left empty to appear bigger. 500k is a ridiculous price. Also, very narrow space to drive in/out of the estate. That will wreck a few heads.

Have to say though that I really liked the dormer- spacious and lovely layout.
    They're a drive away from the dart, which I don't consider an amenity unless it's within walking distance.

Takes 20 mins to walk to the dart station at a brisk pace. Wouldn't really agree with you there about the size of the rooms, particularly downstairs. Think the living room and dining sitting room are quite spacious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Takes 20 mins to walk to the dart station at a brisk pace.

28 mins following the most direct route on google maps. I'd say for most people it's at least a 30 / 35 min walk. Factor in cold wet mornings and dark winter evenings.. That's not really walking distance..

Did Ronnie Gammell manage to get the Beetle in anywhere :pac:

Swanner wrote: »
    Takes 20 mins to walk to the dart station at a brisk pace.

28 mins following the most direct route on google maps. I'd say for most people it's at least a 30 / 35 min walk. Factor in cold wet mornings and dark winter evenings.. That's not really walking distance..

Did Ronnie Gammell manage to get the Beetle in anywhere :pac:
    I don't know about you but its never taken me as-long as google maps says to walk anywhere. But don't take my word for it I'm only walking it everyday.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

The 4 bed detached was 700,000

:eek::eek::eek:
    WTF ???

Have we learned nothing?? :confused:

2011 wrote: »
    The 4 bed detached was 700,000

:eek::eek::eek:
    WTF ???

Have we learned nothing?? :confused:
    Has that figure been confirmed? That's €140,000 jump from the first phase of Glenheron!

Has that figure been confirmed? That's €140,000 jump from the first phase of Glenheron!

Yes the 4 bed detached house. There was 2 on sale. Price was 700,000. Mental money for an estate!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Yes the 4 bed detached house. There was 2 on sale. Price was 700,000. Mental money for an estate!!

Mental money for an estate house and for the location.

Advertisement