Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenheron Pre Launch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Shop40

Takes 20 mins to walk to the dart station at a brisk pace. Wouldn't really agree with you there about the size of the rooms, particularly downstairs. Think the living room and dining sitting room are quite spacious.
    Fair play to you for doing that in 20 mins. I'd be needing a shower afterwards if I did that distance in that time.

Jaw on floor about the 700k.

Also, can they be calling it Greystones if you need to get in your car and drive to the "welcome to Greystones" sign?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Gforcemurphy

Has that figure been confirmed? That's €140,000 jump from the first phase of Glenheron!

It’s truly truly mental.

Although to be fair, it’s only a €125k jump from last year 😉

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Shop40 wrote: »
    Jaw on floor about the 700k.

I think it is insane to pay that much to live in an estate. I'm not suggesting that there is anything wrong with housing estates (I live in one myself). However if I were to pay that that sort of money I would expect a one off.
    Also, can they be calling it Greystones if you need to get in your car and drive to the "welcome to Greystones" sign?

....and if you cross the road they call it "Delgany" :pac:

Speaking as someone that genuinely lived in Greystones and Delgany for a number of years I consider this a complete scam use to inflate prices further.
    Takes 20 mins to walk to the dart station at a brisk pace.

That is pretty "brisk" alright ;)
    According to Google maps the quickest route will take 28 minutes.

I can walk from Grafton street to Talbot street in the same time (at a brisk pace), but I wouldn't claim that they are the same place!

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭REFLINE1

2011 wrote: »
    I think it is insane to pay that much to live in an estate. I'm not suggesting that there is anything wrong with housing estates (I live in one myself). However if I were to pay that that sort of money I would expect a one off.

....and if you cross the road they call it "Delgany" :pac:

Speaking as someone that genuinely lived in Greystones and Delgany for a number of years I consider this a complete scam use to inflate prices further.

That is pretty "brisk" alright ;)
    According to Google maps the quickest route will take 28 minutes.

I can walk from Grafton street to Talbot street in the same time (at a brisk pace), but I wouldn't claim that they are the same place!

4 bed semid prices not a suprise, pretty much in line with all other comparable recent developments, as is there size/spec. The detached is pretty eye watering alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Woodenframe

Anyone know if they sold out?
    Guess this means that waverly and sea green will be starting over the 500 mark. Huge money for a commuter town.

Anyone know if they sold out?
    Guess this means that waverly and sea green will be starting over the 500 mark. Huge money for a commuter town.

Yes, they sold out. Well, one of the two (€700k) 4-bed detached was still there when I asked on Sat, not sure if they shifted it but they were pretty confident. Apart from that, everything at Glenheron went and all of what they released of The View.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Pedanticness

Has that figure been confirmed? That's €140,000 jump from the first phase of Glenheron!

It’s truly truly mental.

Although to be fair, it’s only a €125k jump from last year 😉
    Apologies, you are correct I used the wrong VAT rate when looking at the property price register. But lets not split hairs between a 22% & 25% increase on a house in just over two months. (Mental) The 4 bed semi d's went up 8% which kinda in line with everything else, nonetheless crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 This2ShallPass

It will be interesting to see how much Sea Green are going for, does anyone know if the ones across the road fromthe current development are also being released in the next phase? They must be launching them pretty soon now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

lovely nice estate.....but holy god 700k for a 4 bed on the outskirts of greystones is absolutely bananas....
    if i had that kind of dosh id be looking elsewhere....

10 years on and we've learnt nothing....

• Advertisement

loyatemu wrote: »
    just checked the council website - no planning apps for the field opposite the cemetery - do Cairn even own it? Could just be an ad.

You are probably right, specially if there is no planning permission and the sign has been there for years.

I think there is another site in Delgany that they probably will be starting.

https://www.cairnhomes.com/portfolio/2018/2/27/farrankelly-delgany-co-wicklow
    Just reading Cairn's annual report at the moment, Glenheron is on 87 acres of land and are planning 491 units. The Farrankelly site is on 35 acres and there are planning 440 units, so think its safe to assume there will be apartments in that development. The plans for this have not been submitted yet, they say they hope to enter them through the Strategic Housing Development this quarter. They also own another site in Greystones "Coolagad, Greystones, Co. Wicklow". I might be wrong but think thats up behind the Orchard Pub. No mention of a site in Blacklion so agree with other comments that its just an add.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Just reading Cairn's annual report at the moment, Glenheron is on 87 acres of land and are planning 491 units. The Farrankelly site is on 35 acres and there are planning 440 units, so think its safe to assume there will be apartments in that development. The plans for this have not been submitted yet, they say they hope to enter them through the Strategic Housing Development this quarter. They also own another site in Greystones "Coolagad, Greystones, Co. Wicklow". I might be wrong but think thats up behind the Orchard Pub. No mention of a site in Blacklion so agree with other comments that its just an add.

Coolagad is basically where Seaview and Waverly are (it's the hill that Kindlestown Woods sits on top of).

I have just seen an ad for the View and the dates were the 21st & 22nd April...makes me think they will be releasing more houses as my understanding was that the first phase sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭REFLINE1

It will be interesting to see how much Sea Green are going for, does anyone know if the ones across the road fromthe current development are also being released in the next phase? They must be launching them pretty soon now.

https://m.facebook.com/WoodGroupHomes/photos/a.479293372085363.125218.196483577033012/2052366598111358/?type=3&source=48

Yes the gate is house across road

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

pixbyjohn wrote: »

The boom is back baby!! :D:D:D
    No doubt the first day of the next phase will take in even more.
    What could possibly go wrong??

Obviously its time to hike up the prices in the coffee shops and restaurants..... :mad::(

REFLINE1 wrote: »

Thank you for sharing the link...interesting to see that they are launching in the next few days. I wonder if that’s why The View will also have their information suite this weekend...does anyone know if they will be bringing any more houses to the market?

REFLINE1 wrote: »

Thank you for sharing the link...interesting to see that they are launching in the next few days.  I wonder if that’s why The View will also have their information suite this weekend...does anyone know if they will be bringing any more houses to the market?
    There will be 115 house in The View, then about 80 in another estate that will be below that (were the builders entrance is now) called The Park. Based on what they did in Glenheron Walk they sold about 50% off plan, so if they sold 48 in The View last week I would imagine that it till the show houses are open.

There will be 115 house in The View, then about 80 in another estate that will be below that (were the builders entrance is now) called The Park. Based on what they did in Glenheron Walk they sold about 50% off plan, so if they sold 48 in The View last week I would imagine that it till the show houses are open.

They have two bungalows left that didn't sell last weekend at the View. Wont be releasing any more 3 or 4 bed semi-ds in this phase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sarah1900

I'd imagine the reason the houses are selling so well in Glenheron is the build quality and layout. From speaking to a number of people in the building trade, the build quality in some of the other new estates in greystones is questionable. Cairn have a strong reputation for a reason. Additionally it takes less than 25 minutes to walk to the village as we tested it a number of times before the launch last weekend. The location is also convenient as you avoid the traffic jam beside the new school near waverly/seagreen. From glenheron, you can access the n11 in no time. I also question the comment regarding the outskirts? Considering the walk time from waverly/seagreen/parts of redford park is the exact same as Glenheron, it would be a push to call Glenheron the outskirts and not the other estates.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 20 Muff Richardson II

sarah1900 wrote: »
    . From glenheron, you can access the n11 in no time.

accessing the N11 is indeed no problem, moving on it at between 7-9am northbound and 3-7pm southbound on anything other than the weekend is your issue.

Loved Greystones and lived there for 4 years before sea green, Waverley, glenheron, marina village and whatever else and that traffic just to monkstown took 2-3hours out of my day on a good day for a very short journey without the regular fender bender that shut down a lane. Drove me demented, dart no better, standing all the way. Greystones as a village can not cope with the sprawl and the N11 certainly can’t, it’ll be chaotic.

I’m not being smart but only way I would do that commute would be on a moped now. Cheaper, faster and will keep your sanity in check.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 misstrekvix

Yea the traffic is a night mare on the n11. I think the houses are nice enough but dreadfully over priced for what u get. I didn’t like the big bank that is right at the front of the houses either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

I also question the comment regarding the outskirts? Considering the walk time from waverly/seagreen/parts of redford park is the exact same as Glenheron, it would be a push to call Glenheron the outskirts and not the other estates.

Ah not this ****e again.. Jesus the boom really is back..

Inskirts, outskirts, upskirts...

I don't know whether you're from the area or not but no-one local gives a fiddlers fluck whether you're living on the outskirts or slap bang in the heart of the village.

In fact, try telling one of the locals from Killincarrig or Kilcoole that they're from Greystones and you'll be put straight pretty quickly. And you're from somewhere in the middle.

All of the new estates are on the outskirts to some degree especially when compared with say the marina village, but that's to be expected. It's just the nature of new development.

As long as you're happy with your new home and the location, who cares what anyone else thinks.

I'd imagine the reason the houses are selling so well in Glenheron is the build quality and layout. From speaking to a number of people in the building trade, the build quality in some of the other new estates in greystones is questionable. Cairn have a strong reputation for a reason. Additionally it takes less than 25 minutes to walk to the village as we tested it a number of times before the launch last weekend. The location is also convenient as you avoid the traffic jam beside the new school near waverly/seagreen. From glenheron, you can access the n11 in no time. I also question the comment regarding the outskirts? Considering the walk time from waverly/seagreen/parts of redford park is the exact same as Glenheron, it would be a push to call Glenheron the outskirts and not the other estates.
    They're all on the outskirts! And that's being a little generous. Even if you can walk into the village in 25 mins (at Rob Heffernan pace), that's the outskirts.
    Nice houses, but seriously ridiculous prices for what you're getting in terms of amenities, playing on the Greystones name.
    Hard to believe we're back here again. The ad saying "Life by the sea" says it all!!

I'd imagine the reason the houses are selling so well in Glenheron is the build quality and layout.

The main reason they are selling so well is because the country is gripped by a housing crises.

I agree that they are well built and well laid out.
    From glenheron, you can access the n11 in no time.

Agreed, straight in the massive traffic jam :)
    I also question the comment regarding the outskirts?

Seriously ?? :confused:

I put a deposit down on one.

Yes, it’s crazy money.
    Yes, they’re on the outskirts (obviously).
    Yes, the build quality is excellent.
    Yes, we’re in the middle of a housing crisis.

I suppose it’s normal to rationalise or justify, whether you bought and want to convince yourself it’s the right decision, whether you didn’t for whatever reason, or whether you are observing on the sidelines. However I would echo what was said above, what really matters is you are happy with the house, for the price, and can afford it. It would be foolish at this stage to assume anything about the market into the future (have we learnt nothing, etc) but as long as you’re safe and happy there, who cares?

I would also say that we manage to adjust, over time, what we all consider to be ‘crazy money’. We are programmed to think what is the value of something, directly or indirectly, but once you factor in reasonable build costs, it’s all up for grabs and purchasers are over a barrel at the moment. Sure €100k is a LOT of money.

It’s not fun, but I’m not sure what the sensible move is, in such a a market. You don’t want to be one of the panicking sheep, yet you also don’t want to let it all run away on you. And no one wants to be contributing to the perceived madness.

I suppose we’re all just trying to do the right thing for ourselves.

However I would echo what was said above, what really matters is you are happy with the house, for the price, and can afford it.

I agree 100%

I am sure you will be very happy there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

People got to live somewhere. Outskirts or not, Greystones is a great place to live (despite the increasing traffic) - hopefully all the new developments will eventually see prices settle down, particularly in the rental market which has gone insane. In the meantime, welcome to the neighbourhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

I put a deposit down on one.

Yes, it’s crazy money.
    Yes, they’re on the outskirts (obviously).
    Yes, the build quality is excellent.
    Yes, we’re in the middle of a housing crisis.

I suppose it’s normal to rationalise or justify, whether you bought and want to convince yourself it’s the right decision, whether you didn’t for whatever reason, or whether you are observing on the sidelines. However I would echo what was said above, what really matters is you are happy with the house, for the price, and can afford it. It would be foolish at this stage to assume anything about the market into the future (have we learnt nothing, etc) but as long as you’re safe and happy there, who cares?

I would also say that we manage to adjust, over time, what we all consider to be ‘crazy money’. We are programmed to think what is the value of something, directly or indirectly, but once you factor in reasonable build costs, it’s all up for grabs and purchasers are over a barrel at the moment. Sure €100k is a LOT of money.

It’s not fun, but I’m not sure what the sensible move is, in such a a market. You don’t want to be one of the panicking sheep, yet you also don’t want to let it all run away on you. And no one wants to be contributing to the perceived madness.

I suppose we’re all just trying to do the right thing for ourselves.

This is the most honest post i've read on this topic anywhere..

Fair play..

If you're not already from here..

Welcome to the neighbourhood :D

• Advertisement

Swanner wrote: »
    This is the most honest post i've read on this topic anywhere..

Fair play..

If you're not already from here..

Welcome to the neighbourhood :D

Thanks both, means a lot.

We’re not from the area (although I was born in GS so technically it was my first home, for a month or two!). We’re in a short term apartment let while we’re waiting on the house to finish.

I will say though that we already feel vindicated in making the decision to move down. The village and people are lovey, the sea is calming and we feel it will be a great place for our kids to grow up in. Up the ‘Stones!!

(Probably not at all what the locals say, but we’ll get there.)

Advertisement