Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Due to go over agreed mileage - PCP

• 24-07-2017 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I am due to go way over agreed mileage (20,000km per annum) on my current PCP deal as I recently moved to Westmeath. I will be commuting to Dublin every day for work.

From a rough calculation, I will do over 45,000km in the next year with this commute.

My car currently has 40,000km after 2 years on the deal (152 car).

So after 3 years, my car will have about 85,000km. (25,000 over agreed mileage).

I understand there is a charge for every km over the agreed. Am I better off just paying this charge or trying to switch before the mileage gets too high?

Moving to a diesel may be a decent option to cut down on fuel costs.

What do you think my best option right now is?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Wynner05

The charge only applies if you are handing the car back and walking away, at worst you will lose some trade in value towards the next car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

What about trading in now when your mileage is average getting a diesel on PCP and work on keeping the next car.

45k a year is very high so you may be better buying this car outright as it's probably too much for pcp to sustain. Most cars will be on 60 to 80k and yours will be 135k making servicing costs high and equity probably very low. If you can put away some money each month to help pay off the gmfv at the end it will help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭VictorRomeo

Hi,

I am due to go way over agreed mileage (20,000km per annum) on my current PCP deal as I recently moved to Westmeath. I will be commuting to Dublin every day for work.

From a rough calculation, I will do over 45,000km in the next year with this commute.

My car currently has 40,000km after 2 years on the deal (152 car).

So after 3 years, my car will have about 85,000km. (25,000 over agreed mileage).

I understand there is a charge for every km over the agreed. Am I better off just paying this charge or trying to switch before the mileage gets too high?

Moving to a diesel may be a decent option to cut down on fuel costs.

What do you think my best option right now is?

Thanks

What's the charge per KM over 20k? With VW it's €0.06c. Meaning 25km will cost you €1500.

The only thing about leaving a contract early is you might not get the trade in value that gives you the equity to do something meaningful.

Advertisement