Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Distance Membership

Options
  • 24-07-2017 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Just wanted people's thoughts on this. I'm currently in a club far from where I live since I've moved. It was never a social club so it was grand for a licence and I'm not missing out on anything anyway or not involving myself as it's not really a club for spins etc.

First post.

I'm planning to move clubs for this and a couple of other reasons. My local club are grand lads but they are all at least 30 years older than me not really a racing club! So I was thinking of commuting a bit if I can find a club with a bit more going on. (A lot of days I train solo anyway).

I have heard of one kid being brought about 100kms to train with a different "serious" club! Is this nuts to travel to a club. Or does anyone else do it? Or have people doing it in your club? I don't mind driving a bit, I just find being involved in a club doing a lot and with people racing at different levels very motivating.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

The more you put into a club, the more you'll get out of it. Why not join your local club and get involved with the committee and develop a younger/racing side to the club?

also, just because the others are older, doesn't mean their slow! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Aurelian

07Lapierre wrote: »
    The more you put into a club, the more you'll get out of it. Why not join your local club and get involved with the committee and develop a younger/racing side to the club?

also, just because the others are older, doesn't mean their slow! ;)

Mostly slower than me ;-) its more of a social thing though.

You are right about changing things but it is a big thing to do in a very small catchment area.

Advertisement