Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Housing Dev Areas in Limerick

• 24-07-2017 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hello I was wondering if anyone has an opinion on the new developments being built in the Limerick City area?

Are they in good areas, or being developed by reputable folks etc, have you seen the show houses?

I see the following from daft:
    Ros MBallyneety Road
    Bloomfield, Annacotty
    Rhebogue Hill

I am not sure if there are any more developments than these. If there are do let me know!
    Thank you,
    K

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

kokiyou wrote: »
    Hello I was wondering if anyone has an opinion on the new developments being built in the Limerick City area?

Are they in good areas, or being developed by reputable folks etc, have you sene the show houses?

I see the following from daft:
    Ros Mór, Ballyneety Road
    Bloomfield, Annacotty
    Rhebogue Hill

Not sure if there are more developments than these if there are do let me know! Thank you,
    K

Ros Mór has very little facilities, just a petrol station. No other shops, no pub, no bus service, no secondary school, local primary school is Donoughmore which is only accessible by car.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 wifey2017

what about evanwood in castletroy are they finished?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

wifey2017 wrote: »

They are now on the final stage of this estate, I personally find the roads here an absolute joke, too narrow and a lot of blind bends, was talking to one of the bin operators last week when I was stuck there as there actually isnt room to pass him when his collecting....how in gods name this has been allowed happen beggers belief.

Its a shame as the houses are very nice and finished to a very high standard, but the numbering system again makes no sense...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Planning permission was granted as far as I know for a new development behind Knockhill on the Ennis road. Could be worth keeping an eye there.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Planning permission was granted as far as I know for a new development behind Knockhill on the Ennis road. Could be worth keeping an eye there.

I taught that was a council estate but I could be wrong as know the council has planning there somewhere behind the sports ground in caherdavin lawn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭Jofspring

steveon wrote: »

I taught that was a council estate but I could be wrong as know the council has planning there somewhere behind the sports ground in caherdavin lawn

There was rumour of a council estate at the piece of land at the clonmacken Roundabout but that seems to be gone. This other estate is closer to Coonagh Roundabout, behind Knockhill and just beside na piarsaigh gaa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

wifey2017 wrote: »

Nearly finished unless you want to pay over 400k for a detached house in an estate ...

Sli Na Manach will be building new houses eventually I'd say. Friend has one and they're built to a high standard.

Surely theyll be new housing estates coming online soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭manna452121

There was rumour of a council estate at the piece of land at the clonmacken Roundabout but that seems to be gone. This other estate is closer to Coonagh Roundabout, behind Knockhill and just beside na piarsaigh gaa.
    The site at Knockhill is on hold http://eplan.limerick.ie/AppFileRefDetails/161009/0

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Nearly finished unless you want to pay over 400k for a detached house in an estate ...

Sli Na Manach will be building new houses eventually I'd say. Friend has one and they're built to a high standard.

Surely theyll be new housing estates coming online soon.

I lolled really hard when I say the 4-bed for 415k. And yet someone will buy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Templeville at punches cross have started. I'd say the prices will be nuts though as they aren't releasing a pricelist as the interest has been so huge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,523 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Almost 19 acres around Castlerock in Castleconnell has just gone on the market. Probably a bit of a wait for new houses to pop up there (planning permission has lapsed) but it's worth keeping an eye on. I wouldn't be surprised if the sale of houses from the plans happen before construction even starts.

Great place to live (nice and quiet and lots of green areas for kids). It's a nice commute to the city too, just 10 minutes to Castletroy.

https://www.realestatealliance.ie/commercial/brochure/development-lands-castle-rock-castleconnell-limerick/4064848

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Seems like a lot of these will lead to car dependency and low density urban sprawl, which wouldn't be good for the city. In as much as possible we should be building in the city centre and resisting the urge to build on green field sites on the outskirts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

zulutango wrote: »
    Seems like a lot of these will lead to car dependency and low density urban sprawl, which wouldn't be good for the city. In as much as possible we should be building in the city centre and resisting the urge to build on green field sites on the outskirts.

You're like a dog with a bone ZT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

That would be fine BUT. Have you tired building in Limerick city center ? To make it financially feasible you woudl be looking at 1 and 2 bed apartments which families do not want..

I know where the estate is located is currently been built but wasnt sure if it was council owned or not....hopefully your right

You're like a dog with a bone ZT!

Indeed I am :D

It's a very important issue though. More outer lying housing estates means more cars, more school runs, more congestion, more expense for families and the State, more taxes, more stress, less happiness all round.

knipex wrote: »
    That would be fine BUT. Have you tired building in Limerick city center ? To make it financially feasible you woudl be looking at 1 and 2 bed apartments which families do not want..

If they're good enough, i.e. spacious with lots of amenities on hand, then I've no doubt they'll be snapped up. If they're not good enough, then of course they won't want them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

If they're good enough, i.e. spacious with lots of amenities on hand, then I've no doubt they'll be snapped up. If they're not good enough, then of course they won't want them.

AS someone who has lived with 2 young kids, in an apartment with lots of amenities (in another continent) I would like to think so. BUT to do so in Ireland and to make it financially viable ???

Even in cities where apartment living is the norm, where it works, the ambition, the aim, is to afford to own a house on its own land, either in a rural or suburban setting..

• Registered Users Posts: 19 chardonnay

I’m really interested in buying a BER A rated two bedroom, town house, apartment or bungalow, preferably the latter. Anyone heard anything about new developments for singles or couples?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Limerick Leader: Limerick council gives green light for new plan for 88 houses and 22 apartments. https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/313270/limerick-council-gives-green-light-for-new-plan-for-88-houses-and-22-apartments.html

The site at Condell Rd has been approved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Awful decision to be fair terrible lication

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Limerick Leader: Limerick council gives green light for new plan for 88 houses and 22 apartments. https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/313270/limerick-council-gives-green-light-for-new-plan-for-88-houses-and-22-apartments.html

Are these council houses? I heard previously they would be but I don't see mention of it in the article

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mdmix

I'm not sure where exactly this is on the condel road, but as the road itself is close to the new lit campus I don't think it's a bad use of space. If more development is started in the area then maybe the coonagh bus could serve here as well as Ennis road.

Rather ironically tho, I did see calls from local councillors to remove bus and cycle lanes on the condel road to facilitate new house building. Spotted in the LL a while back.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

mdmix wrote: »
    I'm not sure where exactly this is on the condel road, but as the road itself is close to the new lit campus I don't think it's a bad use of space. If more development is started in the area then maybe the coonagh bus could serve here as well as Ennis road.

Rather ironically tho, I did see calls from local councillors to remove bus and cycle lanes on the condel road to facilitate new house building. Spotted in the LL a while back.

AFAIK it's about halfway between the Clonmacken roundabout and the first set of pedestrian lights.

The developer abandoned plans to develop the lower. flood prone part of the site. I think they had permission for that back before the recession so thankfully that permission expired. The scheme that is being given permission is on higher ground at the same site. It's not the worst development in my opinion. It's quite near the city. I'd like to see Bus Eireann provide a regular bus service along the Condell Road once it's built. The proposal to increase the speed limit there must be dead now as a result. No harm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

What would be the point of a city bus service on the condell road ?

kilburn wrote: »

So that people could get the bus to and from the city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭geotrig

kilburn wrote: »

So they could finally make use of the bus lane , the master plan is unfolding !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭LeoD

If you want to see the drawings, it's planning no. is 17470.

450902.png
    450904.jpg

Advertisement