Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Housing Dev Areas in Limerick

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭LeoD

geotrig wrote: »
    So they could finally make use of the bus lane , the master plan is unfolding !

The bus lane will disappear around the entrance to this development.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

testicles wrote: »

50kph is an impressive walking speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭dave 27

Is there a reason why this green area wasnt developed in the past?

Seems like a very good location for development so close to town and amenities?

Is it prone to flooding or something? I would have thought if its good land it would have been snapped up by now, access to the road in the retail park too if they bought the land.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Vanquished

dave 27 wrote: »
    Is there a reason why this green area wasnt developed in the past?

Seems like a very good location for development so close to town and amenities?

Is it prone to flooding or something? I would have thought if its good land it would have been snapped up by now, access to the road in the retail park too if they bought the land.

Permission was granted for a housing development pre bust but the developer went in to liquidation

I believe the overall masterplan is to extend a link road to the existing road that runs between the Ennis Road and Clonmacken. Further housing will developed in the area in the coming years. Although considering the snails pace of activity in Limerick, I wouldn't be holding my breath!

I would prefer to see a higher density proposed for this area. A mixture of townhouses and apartments to maximise the site footprint and the proximity to existing residential areas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

zulutango wrote:
    So that people could get the bus to and from the city.

No one will get the bus on the condell road there are 2 pedestrian access points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Is that right up on the side of Clonmacken? They won't like that in there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭geotrig

Is that right up on the side of Clonmacken? They won't like that in there

I dont get this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

that area is at the edge of a wildlife sanctury and nature area. wild foxes, hedghogs, herons, pheasant - all live in this area. regularly see foxes trying to cross the area here. Be sad to see their habitat gone. Plus its a flood plain for the Shanabooley Stream/River. The houses at Cluain Dara (ones beside roundabout by the tunnel entrance) regularly have sewerage problems - would hope it would be sorted before adding another 110 units to the system. Would seem only access to the site is a very old and narrow Old Clonmacken Road or the already overloaded at busy times Condell Road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭BobMc

From image looks like access from Old Clonmacken, dont think they'll allow it join the Condell Rd. and they shouldn't either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭lazyman

Planning permission is gone up for 80 or 90 units on the bloodmill road
    Sorry I don't have the link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

BobMc wrote: »
    From image looks like access from Old Clonmacken, dont think they'll allow it join the Condell Rd. and they shouldn't either.

it will be joining the condell road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

I had a read of the objections - one interesting thing is that apparently the placing of the planning application doesn't follow the legal guidelines. If true, the Council should not have permitted it to go ahead whatever about all the other objections re wildlife, traffic, density, floodplains, etc. I get the feeling these days, the council just approve any auld plan thrown at them and leave it up to An Bord Pleanala to make a proper decision (the tarmac'd footpaths in city centre this week shows they can'tbe trusted to make a proper decision)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭BobMc

Mc Love wrote: »
    it will be joining the condell road

So hows that going to work more lights another roundabout

its a road that shouldnt be used for access IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭LeoD

BobMc wrote: »
    So hows that going to work more lights another roundabout

its a road that shouldnt be used for access IMO

The plan is for traffic lights...

451056.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Think there's new houses being built in the estate across from mungret park. Can't remember name of it , could be sliabh na manach, or something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭tweek84

Think there's new houses being built in the estate across from mungret park. Can't remember name of it , could be sliabh na manach, or something like that.

Planning is also granted for the some of the new houses that will have access near Quinn's roundabout
    Irelands biggest housing estate outside of Dublin, it explains all the development around mungret recently here guys we will develop the roads (that will not be adequate in 5 years time) near the new schools give you a nice new park make land available for the local GAA just ignore the big housing estate we plan on firing in :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

tweek84 wrote: »
    Irelands biggest housing estate outside of Dublin,

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 colombes

Hi,
    Not exactly Limerick at such but has anyone opinion on the Clarina estate 3bed 250k ? Thanks.

Irish_rat wrote: »
    :confused:

Apparently when all the house that are planned to be built in mungret it will be the largest single housing development/estate outside of Dublin

• Advertisement

colombes wrote: »
    Hi,
    Not exactly Limerick at such but has anyone opinion on the Clarina estate 3bed 250k ? Thanks.

I haven't look at the houses but it is a good area with easy access to the city and the motorway and the prices of houses in that area are rising steadily. I did live in the yellow houses down the back of the existing estate for over a year a nice quiet area the school is very close also.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mdmix

tweek84 wrote: »
    Apparently when all the house that are planned to be built in mungret it will be the largest single housing development/estate outside of Dublin

i think it is the largest planned outside of dublin, but larger already exist. also there are plans to build 800 houses on a site in cork also so the scale isint unusual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

testicles wrote: »

270k for the 3-beds, 340k for the 4 beds

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭manna452121

More houses planned for Clonmacken http://eplan.limerick.ie/AppFileRefDetails/188008/0

Advertisement