If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 55-60" TV and soundbar

Options
  • 24-07-2017 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭

Hello

I was on a few months ago on TVs and now have concluded I cannot wall mount my new TV therefore I'm looking for the following:

- 55-60" TV but needs to have a centre stand, not arms either side - I need this due to limited space on cabinet and need to be able to swivel the TV to different viewing angles

- soundbar that is as small as possible due to limited space to compliment TV, but more importantly is really good at low volume, due to having small child I won't be able to crank up the volume but still want something that really improves TV standard speakers for films and makes the overall experience as immersive as possible

Any advice or suggestions? Budget is €1,000-1,500 and setup will only used to watch films, 1 or 2 a month and odd TV show like game of thrones, won't get loads of use so equipment doesn't have to be top of the range.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hello

I was on a few months ago on TVs and now have concluded I cannot wall mount my new TV therefore I'm looking for the following:

- 55-60" TV but needs to have a centre stand, not arms either side - I need this due to limited space on cabinet and need to be able to swivel the TV to different viewing angles

- soundbar that is as small as possible due to limited space to compliment TV, but more importantly is really good at low volume, due to having small child I won't be able to crank up the volume but still want something that really improves TV standard speakers for films and makes the overall experience as immersive as possible

Any advice or suggestions? Budget is €1,000-1,500 and setup will only used to watch films, 1 or 2 a month and odd TV show like game of thrones, won't get loads of use so equipment doesn't have to be top of the range.
    Hi Theboinkmaster,

For that sort of budget and the type of Stand you need I would start off looking at the Panasonic TX58EX700:

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202575-viera-tx58ex700b.aspx

At 1169 euro it is a very high spec TV for a great price with a 4K HDR panel, great refresh rate and good contrast. A good soundbar to add to this would be the Q Acoustics M4 at 359 Euro:

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200641-m-4.aspx

The M4 is all about clarity. It doesn't come with a separate sub but has a built in bass diver and delivers a fantastic sound even at lower volumes without being overly bombastic.

This package is slightly above budget at 1528 euro but I would recommend both as the best for the money. Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Hi

Thanks for quick response, 2 Qs:

- what is differences between m3 and m4 soundbars?
    - using the 58" Panasonic you suggested, if I used centre stand would I be able to put soundbar behind the TV rather than in front of it? would it lose it's effect?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi

Thanks for quick response, 2 Qs:

- what is differences between m3 and m4 soundbars?
    - using the 58" Panasonic you suggested, if I used centre stand would I be able to put soundbar behind the TV rather than in front of it? would it lose it's effect?
    Hey TheBoinkmaster.

IMO, the M4 has a much better and fuller base over the M3.

The M3 has 1 HDMI port where as the M4 does not.
    The M4 is slightly more powerful rated at 100W
    The M4 was 5 star reviewed when it was released and has been a very popular soundbar.

If possible I would not recommend putting it behind the TV as it may lose quality if firing off of a solid object (Back of the TV).

I hope this is of help.

Ok thanks a million, just some final Qs:

1- for this tv and m4 soundbar what's your best all-in price, including delivery to Dublin
    2- do you have both in stock
    3- do either come with the 6 year warranty or what do they come with for roi customers
    4- if I wanted to move my blu ray player or UPC set top box off my stand could they be hidden from view but still use the remotes, how would they receive signal etc. Is there some kind of IR receiver that you can setup on shelf with all your kit out of view

Ok thanks a million, just some final Qs:

1- for this tv and m4 soundbar what's your best all-in price, including delivery to Dublin
    2- do you have both in stock
    3- do either come with the 6 year warranty or what do they come with for roi customers
    4- if I wanted to move my blu ray player or UPC set top box off my stand could they be hidden from view but still use the remotes, how would they receive signal etc. Is there some kind of IR receiver that you can setup on shelf with all your kit out of view
    Hey Theboinkmaster.

Was that yourself put the order through online?

The TV comes with our 6 year guarantee free of charge and also applies to the South Of Ireland with no issues.

There are some devices that allow you to control items stored in a separate room. its not something we stock ourselves. We used to stock the Powermid ones but that was a while ago.
    I can check with John on this as I'm sure he's need things like this on an install and I'll revert back.

• Advertisement

Yes that was me, order placed. Thank you for all your advice!

If possible I'd appreciate it if you could get the order delivered by next Friday so I have it for the bank holiday weekend 

Yes that was me, order placed. Thank you for all your advice!

If possible I'd appreciate it if you could get the order delivered by next Friday so I have it for the bank holiday weekend 
    Hey Theboinkmaster.

No problem at all.

Order is shipping today so you will get it in plenty of time for the weekend.

Again thanks for the purchase :)

I'll drop you a PM regarding tracking details once I have them.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.