Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 10 ???

Options
  • 24-07-2017 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭

Trail Cam. Put STD Card in Card Reader. Machine plays a little jingle. Nothing happens :confused:

Looked everywhere I can think of. Am I missing something ~ other than my 7! :mad:

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

std card!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

std card!

It must have a virus..... :D

Not yours OP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Stigura

:confused:

Oh! Christ!!!!! LMFAO! What a cock up! :D I'm a f**king legend, aren't I?

Sorry!

What make/model cam is it?

It's a Bushnell 119537.

I've used it before, on XP and 7. This 10's the spawn of hatred! Can't wait to get it ripped out and 7 back in.

• Advertisement

Have you access to another computer to try the card in? Or could leave the card in the camera and connect the camera to the computer and see if it's detected.

FanadMan wrote: »
    Have you access to another computer to try the card in? Or could leave the card in the camera and connect the camera to the computer and see if it's detected.

Another computer? No.

Regards the second? That's what I first tried.

10. I just can't find the words.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Check device manager and see if card reader is listed.

mini_344900tn1.jpg
    I'm taking it That was me, plugging it in yesterday? What's it mean? Lost on me. I read fora. Not computer speak :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Looks like it's being recognised as a disk, which makes sense. Does nothing appear in My Computer to represent it? Is it listed in Disk Management?

• Advertisement

Spear; I ran a search on " Disk Management " (As I have to do just about everything, on this vile system) and it gave me its best guess; Something about partitioning a hard drive :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Right click the start menu button, and there's normally an option for disk management.

There's no need to go partitioning anything, just have a look to see if the drive is listed in there. It may simply lack an assigned letter.

756413tnUntitled2.jpg

Thanks. I never knew about that. Gets me the above, with the disc reader plugged in. I don't think either of those is the disk reader though ~ which the puppy bit, since I last tried to use it! :rolleyes:

No, it's not showing there.

Is anything listed in the notification history when it's inserted?

Spear wrote: »
    ..... notification history

:confused: I'm sorry, Spear. Ye really have to assume ye talking to a five year old moron here.

I have a taxi coming. I'm off about my short day release. Back this evening.

Thanks.

The notifications thingumy is the little speech bubble to the right of the clock by default.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

The notifications thingumy is the little speech bubble to the right of the clock by default.

Shortcut is winkey + A

Ah! The plot thickens .....!

I just tried to show my mate ~ on line ~ a paper document I got, today. Photographed it, with my Camera, as I've always done.

Pluggedy plug. Click. Horror!!! :eek: 'Give this picture ~ showing ye Real Name and Address ~ to the bowels of Google, or else!

Bowels of Google can, obviously, f**k Right Off!!

So: Windows 10 has now stripped me of my perfectly good Scanner / Printer. My perfectly good Trail Cam. And, Now, my perfectly good f**king Olympus Camera! WTF Next?!? 'Gates Tax', taken at source???

Yes. It's late.

Yes. I'm somewhat 'Tired and Emotional'.

But. FFFS!!!!! :mad:

What make/model computer you got?

Degsie; It's a home made one, mate. No idea what's in there. I just use it to email and read fora.

Anyway, I handed my other machine into the local pc Doc, yesterday. Asked him if he can sort out that ones problems and stick 7 on it.

All going according to plan then, I can go and get that, next Tuesday. Exchanging it for This one. Which he then only needs format and stick 7 on. Then, I'll be a happy bunny again and rid of this f***ing nightmare!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

Stigura - I'm going to piss you off a little ......

Will you give a clean install of W10 another chance? I moved from 7 to 10 last year and once I set up 10 the way I liked (a few hours of clicking - nothing that's not available handily in the control panel) I find it way better and less clunky than 7 ... And this is considering that I thought 7 was very very good.

Nope. Even on the 'simple' basis that it's robbed me of my scanner. Fifty quid up in the air at the drop of a hat? Sod that! And that thing, tag teaming me with Google?

I'm one of these unmentionables who hasn't even got a fb account. Think I'm telling The Yid Kid my name and address? Showing him my passport?! Jesus wept!

Like I say; I send emails and read fora. I can manage that without 10, thanks.

Stigura wrote: »
    Nope. Even on the 'simple' basis that it's robbed me of my scanner. Fifty quid up in the air at the drop of a hat? Sod that! And that thing, tag teaming me with Google?

I'm one of these unmentionables who hasn't even got a fb account. Think I'm telling The Yid Kid my name and address? Showing him my passport?! Jesus wept!

Like I say; I send emails and read fora. I can manage that without 10, thanks.

Sounds like you have bigger problems than not being able to drive Windows 10.

Advertisement