Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of pizza

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

And a nice healthy two litres of whiskey for afters! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Billy86 wrote: »
    I was off on saying 4-5 times the price though, will agree there though from what I can see it is still coming out to nearly 2.5 times the price.
    It was not 4-5, just 5. Not sure of your definition of "nearly", I would certainly not describe the prices I saw as "nearly 2.5 times the price".

Not sure why you are still insisting playing this stupid game of comparing the discounted pizza with non discounted ones here. It could just as easily be done the other way around, pick the best looking Irish offer and price it with no discounts applied in canada.

If you want to keep fooling yourself grand, just please don't go on trying to bullshit the rest of us. You are not down the pub 20 years ago with no phones, spoofing people, they can look it up themselves www.dominos.ca

rubadub wrote: »
    It was not 4-5, just 5. Not sure of your definition of "nearly", I would certainly not describe the prices I saw as "nearly 2.5 times the price".

Not sure why you are still insisting playing this stupid game of comparing the discounted pizza with non discounted ones here. It could just as easily be done the other way around, pick the best looking Irish offer and price it with no discounts applied in canada.

If you want to keep fooling yourself grand, just please don't go on trying to bullshit the rest of us. You are not down the pub 20 years ago with no phones, spoofing people, they can look it up themselves www.dominos.ca
    Not sure what the deal with your need to be so emotive about this is. I've clearly shown you the price for the different pizzas, and they were extremely close to the ones there previously that I had mentioned.

You're right, we're not down the pub 20 years ago. The internet also has screenshots - I've clearly shown you the screenshot to show your €8 discounted pizza simply doesn't exist on my end (take note how I'm not going out of my way to accuse you of lying about it, being a bullsh*tter, fooling yourself and so on and so on). If Dominos offered me a €8 discounted deal well that would be nice, but they don't now do they? So yes €10 is nearly 2.5 times the price that €4.10 is and that €10 is the very lowest price I can get a pizza with any toppings out of Dominos Ireland. And that's not including the can of coke that the €4.10 pizza comes with. To save people the hassle of looking it up I've attached a screenshot. Like I said it was $5 for the pizza with two toppings and no drink when I was there for a solid two years, which this is extremely similar to - feel free to hurl insults about that all you wish.

The thread by the way is clearly about the cost of a pizza, the OP clearly mentions the cost of a low cost pizza. The big meal deal types have nothing to do with the cost of a low cost pizza. We're not talking about €30 meal deals that you'd need a group of people to get through here. We're talking about getting a low cost pizza.

(take note how I'm not going out of my way to accuse you of lying about it, being a bullsh*tter, fooling yourself and so on and so on).
    I do not think you are lying, bull****ting does not necessarily mean lying.

goo.gl/MypZNU
    Bull**** (also bullcrap) is a common English expletive which may be shortened to the euphemism bull or the initialism BS. In British English, "bollocks" is a comparable expletive. It is mostly a slang profanity term meaning "nonsense", especially as a rebuke in response to communication or actions viewed as deceptive, misleading, disingenuous, unfair or false.

If you explicity state what happened that is grand -that you have selected a particular dominios irish store which happens to have no offers on small pizzas, and have found a particular canadian one with offers, then I do not think it would be of surprise to most people. The dogs on the street know the normal menu price is ludicrously high so that their bogus/exagerrated offers appear far better -and so they know it is very stupid, deceptive, misleading, disingenuous & unfair to compare them like that.

This random store shows no offer on small pizzas

Store #10503
    464 BANK ST 1A
    OTTAWA, ON K2P1Z3

So if I want to play your stupid game I could select the small one there and add 9 toppings

Food & Beverage: $19.74
    Taxes: $2.57
    Order Total: $22.31

So €15 in canada and €8 here :rolleyes:

Your original comment
    In Australia or Canada you can get a 9" pizza from Dominos with 2-3 toppings for $5 (so about €3.50). Over here it's what... five times that? The reason is that in Canada and Australia it has a reputation for being cheap junk food like McDonalds, Burger King, etc. Over here some people seem to deem it as fecking gourmet cuisine for some reason.
    I think most reading that would think it meant any size pizza from dominos, there was no mention of a peculiarity about small ones, or does this repuation of being cheap junk disappear at a certain diameter?! And my (and your) examples showed you can find places with no offers on small ones. I am not talking about huge meal deals either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

We're talking about getting a low cost pizza.

Of which there are plenty available. The premise of the thread has long since been debunked

I do not think you are lying, bull****ting does not necessarily mean lying.

goo.gl/MypZNU

If you explicity state what happened that is grand -that you have selected a particular dominios irish store which happens to have no offers on small pizzas, and have found a particular canadian one with offers, then I do not think it would be of surprise to most people. The dogs on the street know the normal menu price is ludicrously high so that their bogus/exagerrated offers appear far better -and so they know it is very stupid, deceptive, misleading, disingenuous & unfair to compare them like that.

This random store shows no offer on small pizzas

Store #10503
    464 BANK ST 1A
    OTTAWA, ON K2P1Z3

So if I want to play your stupid game I could select the small one there and add 9 toppings

Food & Beverage: $19.74
    Taxes: $2.57
    Order Total: $22.31

So €15 in canada and €8 here :rolleyes:

Your original comment

I think most reading that would think it meant any size pizza from dominos, there was no mention of a peculiarity about small ones, or does this repuation of being cheap junk disappear at a certain diameter?! And my (and your) examples showed you can find places with no offers on small ones. I am not talking about huge meal deals either.
    I picked my local Dominos here and my local one there, not sure what your paranoia that I went searching for particular stores is about, you should calm yourself down a bit. You already replied to my post that explicitly states I "guess it must vary from one place to the next" by the way.

To compare your local one here to mine in Toronto though, an pizza (with additional toppings) does still come to basically double what the equivalent does there (with less toppings but a drink included) at €8 vs €4.10.
    L1011 wrote: »
    Of which there are plenty available. The premise of the thread has long since been debunked
    I do agree there, there are definitely some spots in town where you can get pizza at a fairly cheap price, was specifically referring to the likes of Dominos in my initial post on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

theres one place on talbot st you get a hand made 9" cheese pizza cooked in his own oven, a can of coke and chips for €5

dont know the name. the pizza is really good.

look, if you look around you can find a bargain, if your happy to pay full whack - so be it. i was at a party last weekend and the host got 5 large 16" pizzas delivered for €50. nothing wrong with that offer- catered for a bunch of people delivered to the door for €50.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

theres one place on talbot st you get a hand made 9" cheese pizza cooked in his own oven, a can of coke and chips for €5

dont know the name. the pizza is really good.

look, if you look around you can find a bargain, if your happy to pay full whack - so be it. i was at a party last weekend and the host got 5 large 16" pizzas delivered for €50. nothing wrong with that offer- catered for a bunch of people delivered to the door for €50.

Star Pizza. The deal was mentioned twice on the first page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Late night pizza by the slice has arrived! :)

From The Irish Times in article about new store Dollard & Co opening on Wellington Quay tomorrow

"Perhaps the quirkiest feature on the floor is a late-night pizza hatch, opening on to the entrance foyer on Wellington Quay. This will remain open until the wee hours – 4.30am is mentioned – selling a choice of four or five pizzas by the slice to hungry revellers"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

CeilingFly wrote: »

From The Irish Times in article about new store Dollard & Co opening on Wellington Quay tomorrow

"Perhaps the quirkiest feature on the floor is a late-night pizza hatch, opening on to the entrance foyer on Wellington Quay. This will remain open until the wee hours – 4.30am is mentioned – selling a choice of four or five pizzas by the slice to hungry revellers"

This is hardly new. There's been various places around Dublin doing this on and off for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

DiFontaines is only around the corner and has been there for nearly 10 years since they moved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

CeilingFly wrote: »

Tried their pizza today soggy, doughy and greasy utter crap

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Tried their pizza today soggy, doughy and greasy utter crap
    How much was it, looked like an expensive place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

How much was it, looked like an expensive place.

Can't remember exactly as I wasn't paying but it was somewhere in the region of €2- €3 for a slice that was pretty crappy if you ask me.

Advertisement