Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lease Renewal

Options
  • 24-07-2017 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Me and my husband are renting the house we are in since last September and i rang the Letting agent 3weeks ago to say we would be more than happy to stay on another 12months and renew our lease if the LL would have us and the girl said shed check ...We still havent heard anything back from them just wondering would i be petty if i followed it up with another fone call, We havent had much luck in the past 3years with houses ( 1llandlord sold the house,the other just rang and asked us moved out her daughter was moving back in)and we are very happy and lucky were we are....Id class ourself as good tenents as rent is paid 10days in advance every month,we look after the house like it was our own etc and we have great referneces from any previous LLs

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

wifey2017 wrote: »
    Me and my husband are renting the house we are in since last September and i rang the Letting agent 3weeks ago to say we would be more than happy to stay on another 12months and renew our lease if the LL would have us and the girl said shed check ...We still havent heard anything back from them just wondering would i be petty if i followed it up with another fone call, We havent had much luck in the past 3years with houses ( 1llandlord sold the house,the other just rang and asked us moved out her daughter was moving back in)and we are very happy and lucky were we are....Id class ourself as good tenents as rent is paid 10days in advance every month,we look after the house like it was our own etc and we have great referneces from any previous LLs

Fire off your notice to remain. Brief but formal, shows you know your rights.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/reference/howtos/how_to_notice_of_intent_to_remain_in_rented_dwelling.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12 wifey2017

gizmo81 wrote: »
    Fire off your notice to remain. Brief but formal, shows you know your rights.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/reference/howtos/how_to_notice_of_intent_to_remain_in_rented_dwelling.html

Excellent thanks...ill fill it out next week when i pay rent ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I wouldn't sign another fixed term lease unless it has no break clause for the LL in terms of their rights to sell/take back for their own use. You have Part IV rights after 6 months and you can rely on those notice periods.

Advertisement