Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Checked in Luggage

Options
  • 24-07-2017 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭

looking for some info. heading to Malaga with herself looking for some info. 20kg luggage is €40 Each Way x 2 so that = €160.

I see on there site that I can get an XL baggage allowance for €70 for 40 kg. which can be split over 2 bags. so at each way it comes in at €140.

so effectly could I check in both our luggage under 1 name to get the saving. would this be allowed

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

I don't see why not

• Registered Users Posts: 10,707 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

You can split

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    You can split

Sound the money is better of in my pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭SteM

How long are you going for? If it's only a week then I'd just check in 1 20kg bag between you and bring your allowance in carry on each. It's easy to over pack on holidays but most blokes end up in shorts and t-shirts the whole time imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

SteM wrote: »
    How long are you going for? If it's only a week then I'd just check in 1 20kg bag between you and bring your allowance in carry on each. It's easy to over pack on holidays but most blokes end up in shorts and t-shirts the whole time imo.

2 weeks and she loves her clothes so I don't think 1 bag would suit. maybe a black bag for me. lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭mmc272

Can anyone tell me how much an extra bag is travelling transatlantic? We travel to Boston once or Twice a year. Sometimes we take an extra checked bag back with us on our return journey back to Dublin. Bizarrely when I added an extra bag for our return on thursday night. I only got charged €36! I can’t understand why. Is it something to do with Norwegian competition. The website says second and subsequent bag €75. I’m not complaining, if I had known it was so cheap I would have considered shopping more! Only found out on the last day

• Registered Users Posts: 10,707 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

mmc272 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how much an extra bag is travelling transatlantic? We travel to Boston once or Twice a year. Sometimes we take an extra checked bag back with us on our return journey back to Dublin. Bizarrely when I added an extra bag for our return on thursday night. I only got charged €36! I can’t understand why. Is it something to do with Norwegian competition. The website says second and subsequent bag €75. I’m not complaining, if I had known it was so cheap I would have considered shopping more! Only found out on the last day

€37 per extra bag on T/A, it's likely a change after Saver T/A fares. The website states two different fee's now.

Advertisement