Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toner on blonde hair

Options
  • 24-07-2017 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭

I got my highlights done the other day and she applied a toner at the end and I'm not mad on it. It's a bit too ashy for my liking, and it's kind of dulling the bright highlights that I know are underneath. Is this what they usually do? Will it wash out after a certain amount of washes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Yeah if the highlights go too bright or yellow, or the contrast is too severe they usually stick on a toner. It washes out pretty quick depending on the health of the hair and the type of toner. Next time you can ask for no toner, my hairdresser skips it depending on how they turn out, if they look natural enough without then she'll give it a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Casualcontrol1

sorry to hijack but on the topic of toners and you two are both clearly blondes..
    I have been dying my hair for over 10 years. I usually get a root colour and highlights every second turn. When the highlights go on its ashy and i like it.. it looks like a clean blonde etc but sometimes with the root colour particularly when it grows out it goes Like an orange/copper tinge and brassy looking. Would a toner get rid of the brassy tones or what exactly does it do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

sorry to hijack but on the topic of toners and you two are both clearly blondes..
    I have been dying my hair for over 10 years. I usually get a root colour and highlights every second turn. When the highlights go on its ashy and i like it.. it looks like a clean blonde etc but sometimes with the root colour particularly when it grows out it goes Like an orange/copper tinge and brassy looking. Would a toner get rid of the brassy tones or what exactly does it do?

Using a purple shampoo occasionallywould keep that under control.

Advertisement