Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Douglas Court Shopping Center

Options
2»

Comments

goochy wrote: »
    going by what the main street in Douglas is like these days - Douglas is not the retail or food mecca is should / could be - its a middle class area but both shopping centres are a bit tacky - assume its Mahonpoints fault.
    snotboogie wrote: »
    If anything there is too much food in Douglas; 3 Indian, 1 Thai, 2 Asian Street food, 2 Chinese, 1 McDonalds, 1 KFC, 2 Piri Piri, 5 pub foods, 4 Italian, 2 chippers, 1 Burrito bar, 4 Pizza places....

The middle class love their cheap junk food it seems.

jsms88 wrote: »
    Ah good to hear. Always liked that spot.

Indeed, Jonathon iirc (owner) is a very helpful gent. Used to have a 911 done up in the OverDrive decals......... might still have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Augeo wrote: »
    going by what the main street in Douglas is like these days - Douglas is not the retail or food mecca is should / could be - its a middle class area but both shopping centres are a bit tacky - assume its Mahonpoints fault.
    If anything there is too much food in Douglas; 3 Indian, 1 Thai, 2 Asian Street food, 2 Chinese, 1 McDonalds, 1 KFC, 2 Piri Piri, 5 pub foods, 4 Italian, 2 chippers, 1 Burrito bar, 4 Pizza places....

The middle class love their cheap junk food it seems.

Haveli, Palmento, Golden Elephant, Eco's and El Vino are all good restaurants. Kubo and La Calavera are both quality fast food options. Too much junk food restaurants maybe but plenty of quality too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,033 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Haveli, Palmento, Golden Elephant, Eco's and El Vino are all good restaurants. Kubo and La Calavera are both quality fast food options. Too much junk food restaurants maybe but plenty of quality too.

Eco's is a good restaurant?
    ROFL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

The guy in the car shop is dead on. Really helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Lekrub wrote: »
    The guy in the car shop is dead on. Really helpful.

+1, he can be a bit grumpy at times but I suppose countless amount of kids coming in just to mess around with the model cars will do that to ya :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

happyday wrote: »
    Goods Fish Shop is still there. Another nice shop with very fresh fish and helpful staff. The new Vape shop is where the old pet shop was.

Good fish shop is a joke. The staff simply just put precut old fish in a bag... I don't know why they are dressed like fishmongers . i asked them to scale and pinbone and they looked at me like I had ten heads. Not one of them is trained or even has the right tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭MMayweather

Eco's is a good restaurant?
    ROFL

Bad experience there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭goochy

Mod snip

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Not strictly related to Douglas court but there was roadworks going on there last night on the roundabout at the enterance, was stuck in traffic for a good few minutes as there was only 1 lane in action serving the shopping centre, road coming in from the Finger Post and the other road by KFC/Cinema.

Was painful enough at 9.30pm. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭nlrkjos

Its a grand shopping center, nice and handy to park and take a quick run in for something, doing that in Village center would take the planning department of the US navy seals quick reaction force. The market on Saturday morning is missed there, it only moved to village when the center got half the road taken off the council, some planner or politician got a nice little backhander for that I'll bet. The guy in overdrive is dead on...if he hasn't got it he will find it for you, and call you.The only thing in DC that annoys me is the barbers...feckers would rob ya for a mickey mouse haircut.

I thought guy in car shop has asbergers or something

He most certainly does not.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Sesame

It does have a weird vibe! I've lots of teenage memories there and the fact it hasn't changed since then gives it a nostalgic feel.

I am going there more than I used to lately as it has a great school shop for all books and lunch things. The people in most of the shops I go to seem to be friendlier than usual, maybe they have less customers and more time for chat.
    The shoe shop on the way in and some of the boutiques are good.

I don't like New Look, its polyester city in there, but the clothes shop beside it is good.

I like the veg shop too and will miss the bakery.

Never any parking problems either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

I thought guy in car shop has asbergers or something

It is not appropriate to make comments like this on a public forum. Even if you knew what you were talking about.

[EDIT[ Comment reported

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Called in to Douglas last week, shame to see the bakery gone... I much prefer the place to Tesco's but it could do with a little upgrading or something. Mind id still go there before Tescos anyway..Shame aswell to see the record shop has gone, I called into them in Tescos and he said that twas really the centre pushed them out of Douglas. Bad form as they are really good..

Dude in the car shop is lovely as always and very helpfull, as are the lads in Game stop really great staff there

Advertisement