Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good breakfast in towns

Options
  • 25-07-2017 6:53am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭

I'm looking to get breakfast in town that's very central . D1 or D2 . Any recommendations

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Tylerdurex wrote: »
    I'm looking to get breakfast in town that's very central . D1 or D2 . Any recommendations

The kingfisher on Parnell St was always good for breakfast (directly across the road from Jurys)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

We were in town unexpectedly one Sunday morning and got a really good breakfast in The Italian Connection restaurant on Talbot Street.  They had mini and full breakfast options that also included orange juice as well as tea/coffee. The fry was top quality also. I'd go there again if I was in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

D2 has to be Gerry's on Montague St off Camden St

D1: Del rios chipper across from the Abbey

Both are fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 17,720 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Jaffa on the Quay at Burgh Quay is very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

Brendan's Coffee Shop on Mary's Lane (opposite the fruit markets, off the top of Mary Street/Capel St).  Best breakfast in Dublin IMO!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

Nip into the Buttery café in trinity college..huge range of food and it's very cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

If you can stretch to fairview kennedys knocks the ****e out of everyone in terms of quality

If you can stretch to fairview kennedys knocks the ****e out of everyone in terms of quality

Except for the price will knock the shiite out of you quicker!

MysticMonk wrote: »
    Except for the price will knock the shiite out of you quicker!

2 breakfasts with freshly squeezed oj tea coffee and toast for 25 quid that's not bad? Just a full Irish it's 8-9 quid you're funny man

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

The breakfast in Kilkenny on Nassau st is really good, their scram eggs are only to dzzzie for

• Advertisement

2 breakfasts with freshly squeezed oj tea coffee and toast for 25 quid that's not bad? Just a full Irish it's 8-9 quid you're funny man

You're a funny man if you think a place that serves avacados and baby leaf spinach with it's breakfast menu is going to be taken seriously.

An overpriced tip of a place.

MysticMonk wrote: »
    You're a funny man if you think a place that serves avacados and baby leaf spinach with it's breakfast menu is going to be taken seriously.

An overpriced tip of a place.

Ah well if people pay a premium for avocado's and baby leaf spinach that's their own business, I would advise it though, for health reasons, but in the comfort of your own home.

But we're talking about their full Irish and its good value in my book, executed very well. Other places you get breakfast it's just lumped into a fryer and boom. Awful stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Kennedy's is too small, elbows touching off the person sitting next to you hence I never enjoyed breakfast in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Love2love wrote: »
    D2 has to be Gerry's on Montague St off Camden St

D1: Del rios chipper across from the Abbey

Both are fantastic

Del Rios is a great spot for a breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Is the kingfisher back open again after the fire it had? Had a few really good feeds in there

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭pauldavis123

Cafe Sofia on Wexford St by MegaBikes.

Animal and great value!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Avoca's breakfast menu is phenomenal. Portions are huge, takes the sting off the initial price (sometimes one breakfast will do two people). Free filtered coffee after your first (paid) coffee. Quality stuff.

Brother Hubbard's breakfasts are incredibly good. Bad service though.

Lemon do the best crepe's in town. Some really good specific breakfast options here. Coffee is very good too.

As an early riser I find Dublin somewhat lacking in the pre-9.30am breakfast bracket on Saturdays. I'm not in to the greasy spoon egg and chips breakfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Not central, but Bram's just past Fairview near Clontarf Rd DART is excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Davidth88 wrote: »
    Is the kingfisher back open again after the fire it had? Had a few really good feeds in there

It is back open again, travelled up during the week from Tralee and had their fish and chips on Thursday....still a top class feed for little money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Kilkenny shop on Nassau St.
    5 items for around €8 with tea / coffee and toast.
    Best quality I've had in ages, and lovely to people watch.
    I've often see queues for it in the morning on the weekends!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

In terms of a very filling fry, 'Violets' on Dorset Street, near the junction with the North Circular. About 9 quid. They do medium and small sizes as well. The egg is served on a thick slice of some kind of fried brown bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

I'd give a shout out to the Wooden Whisk on Talbot Street. I think it's only been on the go for the last year and a half but has been a very pleasant surprise and welcome addition to that part of town.

Kennedy's is fine - don't think it knows exactly what it is trying to be but the food is decent if slightly expensive. Prefer it on a weekday when it's not jammed.

Brother Hubbard good quality food. Downside is it's reputation is so good it's always busy at the weekends but that's just the price you pay.

The Woolen Mills have a pre-0930 offer that is decent value, otherwise I find it overpriced despite the good food.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Duncanwooly

Lemon Jelly, by the Jervis Luas stop, does a great breakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Can't beat the breakfast in the Central Cafe on Parnell street just up past the bike shop.. I'd drive into town just to have one of them bad boys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Lemon Jelly, by the Jervis Luas stop, does a great breakfast

Expensive though.

The Lovin Spoon maybe up from Parnell Square?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Tristram wrote: »
    I'd give a shout out to the Wooden Whisk on Talbot Street. I think it's only been on the go for the last year and a half but has been a very pleasant surprise and welcome addition to that part of town.

Kennedy's is fine - don't think it knows exactly what it is trying to be but the food is decent if slightly expensive. Prefer it on a weekday when it's not jammed.

Brother Hubbard good quality food. Downside is it's reputation is so good it's always busy at the weekends but that's just the price you pay.

The Woolen Mills have a pre-0930 offer that is decent value, otherwise I find it overpriced despite the good food.

Nice one Tristram.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

dd972 wrote: »
    Not central, but Bram's just past Fairview near Clontarf Rd DART is excellent.

Except it's been boarded up the last couple of months!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

eeguy wrote: »
    Expensive though.

The Lovin Spoon maybe up from Parnell Square?

Depends on the day/weather/ it seems, but can be very nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

I know my breakies and the best one has to be the all day special in Fusciardis - opposite the Confession Box on Marlborough St. €7.50 you get one egg, one sausage and rasher, two bits of white pudding and probably the best chips in town, comes with tea/coffee and one slice of bread.

Advertisement