Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short boat hire Ros a Mhil

Options
  • 25-07-2017 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭

Hi Fisherpeople.
    I dropped my son off to Irish College near Ros a Mhil for the next three weeks and will be picking him up for a day away for the next two Sundays.
    I fancy a few hours of fishing and would like to go from boat rather than shore. I know there are a couple of charters in Ros a Mhil but is there anyone that would rent me a boat or take me out just for a couple of hours?
    If anyone else around I wouldn't mind sharing a boat.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Hi Fisherpeople.
    I dropped my son off to Irish College near Ros a Mhil for the next three weeks and will be picking him up for a day away for the next two Sundays.
    I fancy a few hours of fishing and would like to go from boat rather than shore. I know there are a couple of charters in Ros a Mhil but is there anyone that would rent me a boat or take me out just for a couple of hours?
    If anyone else around I wouldn't mind sharing a boat.

There is no one hiring small boats there, charter boat only. I know a couple of small boat owners in Spiddal but they only take out friends AFAIK. You could try posting in the Boat Angling Ireland group on Facebook where a lot of small boat anglers are members, or try the local clubs in Galway, who also have FB pages (Galway Bay SAC and Galway Buccaneers SAC).

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

Thanks Zzippy
    As expected. As a second option any good spots from the shore, where we might land something and we won't lose every feather!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Thanks Zzippy
    As expected. As a second option any good spots from the shore, where we might land something and we won't lose every feather!

Spiddal Pier is ok, fishing onto clean sand mostly from the end of the pier, conger off the back, and mackerel at high tide. Loads of unexplored rock marks along the coastline between Spiddal and Rossaveal for pollack and wrasse. The lighthouse at Carraroe on the far side of the bay from Rossaveal, off the rocks onto clean for ray, dogs, dabs and the odd gurnard.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

Weather turned out fine on the day. We went out with Chris from Ros a Mhil and came home with a nice box of small mackerel. There were a couple of small dog fish and a couple of very small pollock. And one sand eel!

Advertisement