Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time godmother.. what christening gift do I get?

Options
  • 25-07-2017 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi,

I've been asked to be godmother, but have no idea what gift to buy,
    I would like to get something special for my niece.

Any ideas would be great!!

Thanks a mill :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Justsmile1 wrote: »
    Hi,

I've been asked to be godmother, but have no idea what gift to buy,
    I would like to get something special for my niece.

Any ideas would be great!!

Thanks a mill :)

Bitcoin. By the time the kid is 18 they'll thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Buttros

I was in the same boat a couple years ago and got this for my goddaughter. It was a recommendation of a colleague of mine who has two teenage daughters. Went down well with my sister and her husband. Hopefully over time it does with my niece too

https://weirandsons.ie/gifts/baby-gifts/sweet-memory-music-box-by-lena-liu.html

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AidanadiA

My daughter's godmother set up a saving account for her and has been putting into it since then (17 years ago), She also bought her a necklace with her name and dob of the back.

Other gifts tend to be the silver frames, hair, teeth and birth cert holders, plates with names and dates on them.
    Personalized blankets toys etc.

My godmother bought my daughter her christening gown, which I loved.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

Brown Thomas do a voucher where the parents will take the child in and a mold is taken of his/her feet and hands. €100

Advertisement