Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir_Wi Fi network could not be disabled & low broadband speed

Options
  • 25-07-2017 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I try to get rid of Eir Wi Fi network - guest service when eir customers get free broadband I already purchased.

I disabled it in settings, but I still see Eir_Wi Fi network. It is mine, as it disappers when I switch off the modem.

The broadband speed dropped significantly in the last two month. Also funny thing that now I see "Polish Painters" van - people from Poland are working in the next house and my MS Weather app changed language to Polish. It seems that guest access is not so safe..

Absolutely unhappy with eir.

I tried to reach to technical support just now, but we get disconected.

is it possible:

1. To be checked by TECHNCAL staff that Guest network is REALLY disabled?
    2. To check the issue with broadband speed. I was told it would be better every year. It only get worse.
    (I could PM my details to Eir representative if needed).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

JanusJanus wrote: »
    I try to get rid of  Eir Wi Fi network - guest service when eir customers get free broadband I already purchased.

I disabled it in settings, but I still see Eir_Wi Fi network. It is mine, as it disappers when I switch off the modem.

The broadband speed dropped significantly in the last two month. Also funny thing that now I see "Polish Painters" van - people from Poland are working in the next house and my MS Weather app changed language to Polish. It seems that guest access is not so safe..

Absolutely unhappy with eir.

I tried to reach to technical support just now, but we get disconected.

is it possible:

1. To be checked by TECHNCAL staff that Guest network is REALLY disabled?
    2. To check the issue with broadband speed. I was told it would be better every year. It only get worse.
    (I could PM my details to Eir representative if needed).
    Hi JanusJanus, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having with your service, apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

I'm afraid I'm not aware of the issue from here, the support team on 1890 260 260 will be able to troubleshoot the issue with you.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement