Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recomendation for a podiatrist for insole chats

Options
  • 25-07-2017 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭

Hi

I wear converse with everything because deep down I am still a 16 year old. Could anyone recommend a decent podiatrist I could visit to talk to about getting insoles? I don't like the idea of my feet slowly collapsing. I live/work between ringsend and hatch street so general south city areas would be ideal

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Hi

I wear converse with everything because deep down I am still a 16 year old. Could anyone recommend a decent podiatrist I could visit to talk to about getting insoles? I don't like the idea of my feet slowly collapsing. I live/work between ringsend and hatch street so general south city areas would be ideal

Thanks

I'd be interested in this aswell. Have been going to a brilliant guy in Monasterevin, but now that I've moved into the big smoke its not as convenient and I tend to forget to make my follow up appointments.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

You could go into Foot Solutions in George's St. They do all of that.

Or buy grown up shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Hi

Thanks

Off topic, but what do you mean, feet slowly collapsing? And what kind of insoles do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Was recently with a podiatrist, in Spectrum Clinic, they have clinics in various locations. Would recommend them. Can't say they're any better than others but they were professional and had equipment with all the bells and whistles.

What I learned from them, if your shoe bends at the bend of your toes, that's great, it should bend so your foot can naturally bend with it. But if you can bend the shoe in your hands under where the arch of your foot would be then that's bad as your foot doesn't bend there so the shoe is unsupportive. You want your shoe to be firm and rigid from your heel to the bend of your toes. A good test is hold your shoe in your hand, can you bend it into a C or U? It should only bend like an L shape.

A good podiatrist will not try to sell you insoles, they'll tell you to buy supportive shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

I wear prescribed insoles as my ankles roll in, they support my arch to stop the rolling. Anyway I have found that converse are the worst to wear with them (which sucks as I have some really nice pairs). I have found that they raise my foot a few millimetres inside the shoe making my toes squish under the plastic toe part, pretty much cutting off circulation to my toes. Converse just don't have the room to allow this raise (in my experience). If you are going to wear insoles make sure you bring them when trying on shoes as youd be surprised at how tight they make things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

You could go into Foot Solutions in George's St. They do all of that.

Or buy grown up shoes.

Never!
    Off topic, but what do you mean, feet slowly collapsing? And what kind of insoles do you mean?

See above, converse are flat which aren't considered good for your feet. You're supposed to have some support or there is a danger of your arches slowly falling

Thanks for the advice and recommendations all, very informative! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Converse TERRIBLE for your feet. Bad as flip flops all year round.

Go and get some arch support OP, foot pain is a terrible affliction!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I had a great experience in the Dublin Foot Clinic off Grafton St. recently and would highly reccommend them. Also a place in Ranelagh but I can't remember the name of it as it was a few years ago but it was on Northbrook Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Danye

Scraggs wrote: »
    I had a great experience in the Dublin Foot Clinic off Grafton St. recently and would highly reccommend them. Also a place in Ranelagh but I can't remember the name of it as it was a few years ago but it was on Northbrook Road.

Could someone explain to me what "chats" are?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,162 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Danye wrote: »
    Could someone explain to me what "chats" are?

I think in the context of the title... a conversation with a qualified professional about whether insoles might be required.
    I can't see a small Old World thrush being helpful to the OP's present predicament... but I look forward to reading a Sherlock Holmes pastiche that plays on the double meaning :)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
Advertisement