Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel proposal where Shannon Dry Cleaners were

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Grim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

D Trent wrote: »
    Jesus what an improvement

My sarcasm detector is inconclusive here...

I think it's a very good improvement, much more in keeping with the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moved out from fire thread as it will generate its own discussion and detract from the fire/insurance discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Im looking forward to seeing how those trees will fit on a path thats currently quite narrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

J o e wrote: »
    My sarcasm detector is inconclusive here...

I think it's a very good improvement, much more in keeping with the road.

Mine says "definitely".

Not an improvement at all. They've gone from four stories with roof-lines that match the surrounding buildings and give a focal point, to three stories that don't match the surrounds.

Still no provision for buses to drop off and pick up - it's already a real traffic issue across the road at the Western Hotel, putting another hotel on the other side of the road will make it worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm def not onboard with all these glass/concrete buildings. They ruin the city and makes it less appealing to tourists.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 flyingvisit

I don't find it bad. I personally wouldn't object. Looks better in photo than it does now.

But... this is literally only a few metres away from the Western Hotel... right ...?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

But... this is literally only a few metres away from the Western Hotel... right ...?

Yup. Other side of the road, and along a bit.

Advertisement