Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen appliances - 3/4 broken

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Rockin wrote: »
    Thanks for all the input guys. Still waiting on a reply.

Does anyone know if I have to accept a repair etc ? (Does this preclude a small claim?)

I'd much prefer to put some money to it and get proper appliances (lesson learned!)

They can offer you either of the 3 Rs - Repair, replace or refund. You don't have to accept what they offer, but take into account how it might look to a judge in the SCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Rockin wrote: »
    Thanks for all the input guys. Still waiting on a reply.

Does anyone know if I have to accept a repair etc ? (Does this preclude a small claim?)

I'd much prefer to put some money to it and get proper appliances (lesson learned!)

Repair has to be effective/permanent, which it most likely won't be here going on experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

Quick update. They've offered replacement appliances at a big discount. Caveat - they're all Nordmende - eeek :(

Anyone think SCC and use the cash to put towards a proper brand might be a better idea ?

I don't fancy coming back to this whole thing again when they break in 3 years, just after the warranty ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

My washing machine went bang yesterday.

Thought I'd check out the date of purchase in case I'd registered for an extended guarantee.

The yoke is 10 years old! Bosch. cost €357 then. Just replaced with another Bosch - €299.95 yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Advertisement