Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin 70.3 Last 3 weeks training advice?

Options
  • 25-07-2017 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Hey,

The last three weeks of training upon me for my first 70.3.

By way of background I have about 4 years of short course racing behind me.

This year I have knocked out a good few 100k efforts on the bike, a lot of 2k+ swims and a lot of 10-15k runs with a half marathon thrown in.

I came down with a chest cold a few weeks ago but am feeling good again now and want to get the most out of the next few weeks without overdoing it.

Any tips welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

My main concern would be a re-occurrence. I'd err on the side of safety this close to the race. Just because you feel good doesn't necessarily mean the body is fully recovered. Keep a close eye on how you feel while training this week. If RPE is high then dial it back. Start by introducing some strides in the run and see how they feel once you're happy the body is recovered. Likewise on the bike, once you're responding fine to some easy spins add some short sharp efforts.

P.

Advertisement