Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open policy query

Options
  • 25-07-2017 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭

My Mum has kindly offered her car to my Mrs while we are in Ireland for a week. I have said we will need insurance, she disagrees as there is an open policy on the car and anyone with an Irish License over 25 can use it.

I don't think it can be that simple, can it?
    *I am awaiting feedback from my folks insurance company.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

yes you can have Open Driving on your insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Check your mother's insurance cert to make sure that it says there is open driving. As long as it says it - it's as simple as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Double check it. Triple check it.
    A lot of people haven't a clue of the differences between open drive on their own car and third party extension for driving other peoples cars. It's all the same to some people but you won't be long finding out the difference if you come to the attention of your insurer or gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Thanks all got it check with the insurance company and all clear.

• Advertisement
Advertisement