Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loud beeping on conference calls

Options
  • 25-07-2017 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hi,

When on a regular call, call quality is perfect.

When on a conference call, I hear a loud beep every 15-20 seconds.

No one else on the conference call hears this.
    I don't have the same issue on my iPhone 5 on Vodafone network.

Only happens on my iPhone 7 plus on Eir.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi,

When on a regular call, call quality is perfect.

When on a conference call, I hear a loud beep every 15-20 seconds.

No one else on the conference call hears this.
    I don't have the same issue on my iPhone 5 on Vodafone network.

Only happens on my iPhone 7 plus on Eir.

Any ideas?
    Hi h0neybadger, 

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear this. This can be down to settings on your phone, feel free to PM me your mobile and PIN and I'll check this for you.

Thanks 

Anna 

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭h0neybadger

Hi Anna,

Just to confirm I sent you a PM with mobile number and PIN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi Anna,

Just to confirm I sent you a PM with mobile number and PIN.
    Perfect, thanks.

I'll come back to you now through PM's.

Thanks 

Anna 

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your reply via PM.

I'm moving back to the public thread, in case others have experienced this too.

I understand Eir don't support conference calls, however this is still not an issue you can ignore, as it's caused by your network.

As advised earlier, I'm not creating a conference call.

My colleague on Vodafone network is.
    When I join using my Vodafone sim on an iPhone 5s, it works no problem.

When I join using my Eir iPhone 7 plus, I hear a loud beep every 15-20 seconds.
    It's so loud, it even makes what ever is said during the beep impossible to hear.

I can't continue to use my contract with this happening.

I don't care if Eir say they don't support this. This is being caused by YOUR network. Not my handset, Not the conference call host.

Please assist in resolving this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your reply via PM.

I'm moving back to the public thread, in case others have experienced this too.

I understand Eir don't support conference calls, however this is still not an issue you can ignore, as it's caused by your network.

As advised earlier, I'm not creating a conference call.

My colleague on Vodafone network is.
    When I join using my Vodafone sim on an iPhone 5s, it works no problem.

When I join using my Eir iPhone 7 plus, I hear a loud beep every 15-20 seconds.
    It's so loud, it even makes what ever is said during the beep impossible to hear.

I can't continue to use my contract with this happening.

I don't care if Eir say they don't support this. This is being caused by YOUR network. Not my handset, Not the conference call host.

Please assist in resolving this.
    You're welcome. 

The reason that you are hearing these noises is that we don't support this service. We would have no way of stopping this from happening I'm afraid.

Sorry I can't do more for you here.

- Adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

This sounds like the call waiting beep being mis triggered. Disabling the CW function on your Eir account may suppress it (the reps may have already thought of this).

Adam,

Why can other providers "support" this service and not have this interruption when on a phone call??

Regardless of supporting it or not, your network causes it. I need to be able to answer a conference call and not have this noise beeping every 15-20 seconds.

If I had known this, I would not have signed a contract with Eir.

Cheers Ed E,

Adam, can you check my account for the call waiting feature. Anna's account has my details in a PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Adam,

Why can other providers "support" this service and not have this interruption when on a phone call??

Regardless of supporting it or not, your network causes it. I need to be able to answer a conference call and not have this noise beeping every 15-20 seconds.

If I had known this, I would not have signed a contract with Eir.

Cheers Ed E,

Adam, can you check my account for the call waiting feature. Anna's account has my details in a PM.
    I'm afraid I'd be unable to comment on the features that different service providers can provide. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to prevent this sound from happening.

Would you be able to send me your details in a PM please?

- Adam

Advertisement