Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea fly fishing flies

Options
  • 25-07-2017 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Good afternoon, I'm hoping to branch away from my trout fishing for the off season this year with a view to trying sea fly fishing for species like pollack or bass. I wondered if people had any recommendations regarding good patterns for this type of fly fishing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭jack01986

Deceivers and clouser minnows worked best for me for pollack. Any sort of general bait fish patterns will do the job. An intermediate line will help if going after pollack in some deeper water.
    leftys_deceiver_chartreuse.jpg
    DSC04508.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

I imagine that using weighted flies on a floating line with a long leader would give me the top 10-15' covered?

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭jack01986

Yep would be grand with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Time to start learning how to tie sea flies I guess then :P and hooks larger than size 12's!

Advertisement