Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Deposit Query

Options
  • 25-07-2017 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

New to this so I apologise if this is in the wrong forum.

For the past number of years I have been saving with the intention of buying a house with my gf. Each month I save €1,500 (only recently)  which is split 50/50 between a savings account
    and a 2nd current account. The 2nd current account is only new as of late as I was treating this account as money for a ring (account is never touched, just money coming in from my main account).
    I have decided now is the perfect time to buy the ring as circumstances are great etc. etc.

My question is, in order for me to buy the ring I need to open the savings account to make up the balance I intend to spend. I am just wondering does the bank take any interest if this money is touched
    or am I right in saying that since I can prove every month I save €1,500 this satisfies their concern over the ability to pay back a future mortgage. I understand I still need the deposit together etc. for the
    house but I am more concerned on the views that may be taken from the banks with regards to the savings being touched.

Any comments/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

You'll have to look at the early withdrawal terms and conditions. Some allow one per year. I doubt it would impact on mortgage approval if your still saving away as per normal.

What's the name of your savings product? Just Google it and read the fine print. Or give them a ring.

Advertisement