Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Showing proof of funds to auctioneer

Options
  • 25-07-2017 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm currently bidding on a property. I'm a mortgaged bidder. The auctioneer asked for proof of funds so I send along my letter of Approval in Principle (from BOI). However, I blotted out the amount I'm approved from as I don't want the auctioneer to know that I can go higher than my bid. They have replied that they need to see that number in order to take my bid. I don't want to give that.
    Therefore, what should I provide them with? Or, what's the normal process here? 
    Thanks,
    Con

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭JimmyMW

Hi all,
    I'm currently bidding on a property. I'm a mortgaged bidder. The auctioneer asked for proof of funds so I send along my letter of Approval in Principle (from BOI). However, I blotted out the amount I'm approved from as I don't want the auctioneer to know that I can go higher than my bid. They have replied that they need to see that number in order to take my bid. I don't want to give that.
    Therefore, what should I provide them with? Or, what's the normal process here? 
    Thanks,
    Con

Get your solicitor to issue a letter stating that the funds provided by yourself along with the amount you are approved for from a mortgage, covers the bid of €xxxxxx that you have placed, if they wont accept that tell them you will be lodging a complaint to the PSRA. Do not show them your full capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Richards1983

Thanks JimmyMW -- solid advice.

Advertisement