Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there problems transferring money to my Revolut account?

Options
  • 25-07-2017 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

Hello,

On thursday evening I transferred money to my Revolut account. The IBAN is from Lithuania and the BIC is REVOGB21 so it would indicate that it is in the uk. Up to now, it still hasn't showed up on my revolut account however the money is gone from my BOI account. I double checked the iban, it is correct.

I'm just wondering if there are any issues with this type of transfer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭Tow

The country codes in the BIC and IBAN should match, apart from a number of exceptions for 'French territorial collectivities' and 'British Crown Dependencies'.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

Tow wrote: »
    The country codes in the BIC and IBAN should match, apart from a number of exceptions for 'French territorial collectivities' and 'British Crown Dependencies'.
    REVOGB21 shows up as London (uk) from a quick google

While on BOI 365, the IBAN Shows up as from Lithuania

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

j4vier wrote: »
    Hello,

On thursday evening I transferred money to my Revolut account. The IBAN is from Lithuania and the BIC is REVOGB21 so it would indicate that it is in the uk. Up to now, it still hasn't showed up on my revolut account however the money is gone from my BOI account. I double checked the iban, it is correct.

Hi j4vier,

Thanks for your message. Typically, an international transfer would take 3 - 5 business days to reach the payee account. As you sent the funds on Thursday evening, they would be sent Friday morning, which would be your first business day.  They may have GBP Sterling account, held in Lithuania. You could call Revolut and double check your account details with them, to be assured you have used the correct information. They will also confirm if this account is in fact GBP Sterling, and where it is held. As today is the third business day, the funds may become available as early as the close of business today. However we would expect the funds to hit the account in the next two days.

If you need to review your payee details, you click on Manage Accounts and Manage Payees, on your banking 365 Profile.

Please do not hesitate to get back to us if you need any more help with this.

Thanks again,
    Jane.

Hello,

Hi j4vier,

Thanks for your message. Typically, an international transfer would take 3 - 5 business days to reach the payee account. As you sent the funds on Thursday evening, they would be sent Friday morning, which would be your first business day.  They may have GBP Sterling account, held in Lithuania. You could call Revolut and double check your account details with them, to be assured you have used the correct information. They will also confirm if this account is in fact GBP Sterling, and where it is held. As today is the third business day, the funds may become available as early as the close of business today. However we would expect the funds to hit the account in the next two days.

If you need to review your payee details, you click on Manage Accounts and Manage Payees, on your banking 365 Profile.

Thanks again,
    Jane.
    Hi Jane,

I can confirm it is a EURO account. My worries are due to the fact that people got their transfer within 1 working day. I will wait anyhow for the timeframe you mentioned

Hello,

Hi j4vier,

Thanks again,
    Jane.
    Hi Jane,

I can confirm it is a EURO account. My worries are due to the fact that people got their transfer within 1 working day. I will wait anyhow for the timeframe you mentioned
    Hi j4vier,

Thanks for getting back to us. Usually a payment made on Banking 365, if sent internationally takes 3 -5 business days as I mentioned. Can you confirm did you add this account as a SEPA Payee and send the payment as a SEPA transfer? We would advise that you contact Revolut, and explain how the funds were sent, and also provide the reference information you included when setting up the payee, to see if they can trace the payment.

Please get back to us if you need any more help with this.

Thanks again,
    Jane.

• Advertisement

Hello,

Hi j4vier,

Thanks again,
    Jane.
    Hi Jane,

Hi j4vier,

Thanks for getting back to us. Usually a payment made on Banking 365, if sent internationally takes 3 -5 business days as I mentioned. Can you confirm did you add this account as a SEPA Payee and send the payment as a SEPA transfer? We would advise that you contact Revolut, and explain how the funds were sent, and also provide the reference information you included when setting up the payee, to see if they can trace the payment.

Thanks again,
    Jane.
    Hi again Jane

is it possible on 365 online to view more details about a SEPA transaction? I can only view a summary of my transactions which mention date and amount , but no transaction reference number for example. Revolut are asking me for a screenshot of the transaction which is difficult to obtain considering very little detail is available online. 

The transfer was a SEPA transfer. Revolut has changed recently. There is no more need for a reference code to be added into the details of the transfer which can be used to track the transfer back to me. The app now says that if you want to transfer to the euro revolut account, all is needed is the IBAN, BIC and my name

Hello,

Hi j4vier,

Thanks again,
    Jane.
    Hi Jane,

Hi j4vier,

Thanks again,
    Jane.
    Hi again Jane

is it possible on 365 online to view more details about a SEPA transaction? I can only view a summary of my transactions which mention date and amount , but no transaction reference number for example. Revolut are asking me for a screenshot of the transaction which is difficult to obtain considering very little detail is available online. 

The transfer was a SEPA transfer. Revolut has changed recently. There is no more need for a reference code to be added into the details of the transfer which can be used to track the transfer back to me. The app now says that if you want to transfer to the euro revolut account, all is needed is the IBAN, BIC and my name

Hi j4vier,

Thanks for the reply. When you make a SEPA payment, and you enter your 365 PIN, you should see a confirmation page of your payment. We would advise that you keep any new transactions saved in a file on your device, for your records. If you have not saved this page, you can request a proof of payment by sending a secure message on the Service Desk, through your Banking 365 profile.  You should choose the option to 'Ask a Question'. 

When adding a new Payee, the reference field is mandatory. However this can be amended when sending your payment and your name is perfectly fine to add here, if that is what the company are asking for.

Please let us know, if you need any more help with this.

Thanks again,
    Jane.

Advertisement