Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bait sellers in Celbridge area

• 25-07-2017 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all,

Just getting back into Angling and was wondering if anyone knows of anywhere near Celbridge that sells Maggots, Casters, ground bait etc. Going fishing locally this weekend and don't want to have to travel miles for a few wrigglies.

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Zizzle wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just getting back into Angling and was wondering if anyone knows of anywhere near Celbridge that sells Maggots, Casters, ground bait etc. Going fishing locally this weekend and don't want to have to travel miles for a few wrigglies.

Thanks for any help

Possibly and likely cleers in clane

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Zizzle

I was down there last week. They don't stock Live bait unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭uch

Fishing Shop in Lucan, stock all you'd need

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Zizzle

Thanks, I'll take a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

ye lucan or if you're in properous theres a big place called mccarthys, just past the garage. james in there knows his stuff and its very well stocked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

Pat Clintons in Lucan would be your closest I think. Just down from Woodies off the N4.

There used to be the Yellow Jersey in Leixlip, the outdoor hobby shop in Leixlip and there was a small fishing shop in celbridge that two Polish guys set up. But they are all gone now.

Bio Mech wrote: »
    Pat Clintons in Lucan would be your closest I think. Just down from Woodies off the N4.

There used to be the Yellow Jersey in Leixlip, the outdoor hobby shop in Leixlip and there was a small fishing shop in celbridge that two Polish guys set up. But they are all gone now.

the polish guys shop is over near clondakin now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

the polish guys shop is over near clondakin now

Is it the same guys? If so I shall avoid. Worst maggots I have ever bought!

Bio Mech wrote: »
    Is it the same guys? If so I shall avoid. Worst maggots I have ever bought!

ye i think so..the two shops were called bow wows, nothing worse than buyin maggots and they turn after 2 days... MIA in blanch have the best maggots, but its a lot farther to go than lucan, Pats are normally fine anyway

Advertisement