Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporarily Raise Credit Card Limit

Options
  • 25-07-2017 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Hi.
    I'm just wondering if it is possible to - only temporarily - raise the limit on your credit card?
    I'm fairly sure I have a €3k limit which is plenty for me and I don't need it to be any more than that normally - as I would never usually charge that much to the card at once.

However I am going on holidays in September and hiring a car (which I have already paid for). The car hire company will put a €2k "block/hold" on my card, which is apparently standard procedure.
    When the car is returned with no damage this block/hold will be removed from my card.
    The problem of course is that this will leave me with access to only €1k on my credit card whilst I am actually there and the hotel will charge the balance of our stay to my credit card at check out.

Is there a way to "up" the limit for a short period of time?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

gaillimh wrote: »
    Hi.
    I'm just wondering if it is possible to - only temporarily - raise the limit on your credit card?
    I'm fairly sure I have a €3k limit which is plenty for me and I don't need it to be any more than that normally - as I would never usually charge that much to the card at once.

However I am going on holidays in September and hiring a car (which I have already paid for). The car hire company will put a €2k "block/hold" on my card, which is apparently standard procedure.
    When the car is returned with no damage this block/hold will be removed from my card.
    The problem of course is that this will leave me with access to only €1k on my credit card whilst I am actually there and the hotel will charge the balance of our stay to my credit card at check out.

Is there a way to "up" the limit for a short period of time?
    Thanks
    Hi gaillimh,

Thank you for your message. If you are registered for Card Care, you can request an increase on your card through your account. If you are not registered and would like to avail of this service, please click here to register your card. Alternatively you can call the Credit Card department on 0818 251 251 where an advisor will be more than happy to help with this

Please do not hesitate to get back to us if you need any more help with this.

Thanks again,
    Jane.

Advertisement