Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Laptop is better?

Options
  • 25-07-2017 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I'm buying a laptop for going to university this September and I was wondering which laptop would be more suitable for me. I'll obviously be doing school work on it but I would also like to be able to do a bit of casual gaming (Sims 3).

HP Pavilion AMD Dual Core A6 15.6" 4GB/256GB Laptop - Silver | 15-AW002NA (from DID Electrical)

or

HP Pavilion 15-aw054sa 15.6" Laptop - Silver (from currys.co.uk)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

the currys one of them 2 is better . wouldnt recommend either but the 2nd is better than the 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

The processor in both are not great.
    Aim for an core i3 instead.
    Like this one :
    http://www.komplett.ie/lenovo-v110-15isk-80tl00aamh/20817153/details.aspx

If you don't care too much about storage and want the PC to run faster (up to 5x faster read / write speed) go with this:

http://www.komplett.ie/hp-15-bs063nd-qwerty/80047711/details.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah that second one posted above is quite good on first glance. Full HD screen and a 256GB SSD, that will be extremely fast and very easy to work on as well.

The two HP's are pretty poor, especially the first one. They would still do what you want them to do, but it really depends on price. If they were about €350, they'd be pretty OK, but then again even for that price you can still get superior i3 laptops.

Any of the laptops would be fine for Sims 3 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Stephierose

K, thanks :)

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check them out :)

• Advertisement

Thanks for the advice :)

Advertisement