Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leather jacket opinions please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

It's hard to beat the classic look as it's never gone out of fashion. I will say though that near €100 for a faux leather jacket seems steep. Have you trawled all the main stores to see what they have. Or can you wait a while and see if a real leather jacket pops up in a sale. Unless you're a vegan that's what I'd advise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I prefer the one without fur. But I agree with previous poster. Leather biker jackets are in Mango from about 120 euro on and I think actual leather is much nicer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Yeah was going to suggest Mango in the sale - wrong time of year to get a good selection though.

Would prefer the second one of the two you showed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

What has the model got on her feet in the first link? theyre like granny slippers :O

Both jackets are nice but I really like the one without the fur.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Agree with other posters on Mango. I got a leather jacket from them full price for around €100 nine years ago and it is still perfect.

It's something you can wear for years so it's worth investing in.

Mango have some leather jackets on their website now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

I would say stick with the classic biker rather than the one with the fur, they really do stay in fashion forever, go with 90% of outfits you could put together and you can wear them in any weather.
    I have a faux one from Topshop that I paid 90 quid for, a couple years ago, I wear it to death but a lot of the faux leather coating is peeling now so it's getting very shabby looking, not in a good way. Next time I'll spend the extra few quid on a real leather one and it'll last for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I like the first one too, but unless you want it in a hurry I'd say give it about another month and you'll probably have more choice because the autumn/winter stuff is just starting to come in now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

I would go with no.1.

No 2 looks shiny, making it look cheap. Personally l found when l wore a jacket with a fur collar like that,l felt uncomfortable and 99% of the time l took it off. Felt it looked ott.

No.1,all the way.

Advertisement