Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Summerslam 2017 Thread *Spoilers*

• 25-07-2017 4:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,872 ✭✭✭✭

hero.jpg

So far matches are:-

Universal Championship - Brock Lesnar (C) vs. Roman Reigns vs. Samoa Joe vs. Braun Strowman (Fatal 4-Way)

Raw Women's Championship - Alexa Bliss (C) vs. Bayley

SmackDown Women's Championship - Naomi (C) vs. Natalya

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Both womens matches are disappointing for me, there's better matchups in both divisions and if Summerslam is the 2nd biggest show it should be having the best facing the best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

expect these from the SD brand

Mahal vs Cena vs Rusev for the World Title
    Orton vs Khali in a cage match
    Styles vs KO for the vacated US Title (Shane will vacate the title cause of the **** up at battleground)
    Nakamura vs Corbin

Raw
    Bray Wyatt vs Finn Balor
    Miz and Entourage vs Ambrose/Rollins

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

PTH2009 wrote:
    Mahal vs Cena vs Rusev for the World Title
    Styles vs KO for the vacated US Title (Shane will vacate the title cause of the **** up at battleground)
    Nakamura vs Corbin
    Raw: Bray Wyatt vs Finn Balor
    Miz and Entourage vs Ambrose/Rollins

Jesus, no thanks to any of that!
    They should do Cena or Styles vs Nakamura. The latter is dying on his arse at the minute so they need to do something to kick start his wwe run. His match with Corbin last Sunday was a stinker & I like both of them.
    Khali in a match in 2017 is going to be rough too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

PTH2009 wrote: »
    expect these from the SD brand

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,872 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kevin Owens should add himself to Raw's world title match as he is owed a rematch or is that just forgotten about

Would like to see Miz also in Raw's world title match

• Advertisement

Rjd2 wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Match of the year there

The charisma will be off the charts lol

But really hope it doesn't happen but Vince will make it happen

When are WWE going too tap into the Chinese market ??? as having a Indian world champ is working wonders for the market. I imagine the Chinese would love WWE???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Kevin Owens should add himself to Raw's world title match as he is owed a rematch or is that just forgotten about

Would like to see Miz also in Raw's world title match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Maybe nak beats cena, wins title at summerslam and Corbin cashes in

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    hero.jpg

So far matches are:-

Universal Championship - Brock Lesnar (C) vs. Roman Reigns vs. Samoa Joe vs. Braun Strowman (Fatal 4-Way)

This will be a long PPV, probably 4hrs plus pre show

You can probably add to the above with:

Mahal vs Cena
    Big Cass vs Big Show
    Usos vs New Day
    Wyatt vs Balor

The US title will make the card but what combination of AJ/Y2J/Owens I wonder, saw rumors of Shane/Owens too

Something with Rollins, Ambrose & The Miz where I actually think Ambrose may actually turn heel on Rollins.

Probably a Nakamura vs Corbin stip match (No DQ Street fight etc)

You already have 10 matches there at least and that is without adding in the Raw tag titles so some might get bumped to the pre show (Nattie vs Naomi)

• Advertisement

Any "reunion" between just the 2 of them cheapens the shield and it will cheapen the actual reunion in a couple of years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Any "reunion" between just the 2 of them cheapens the shield and it will cheapen the actual reunion in a couple of years
    I'm not sure they'll do a full one. Reigns looks like he's gonna be the top guy forever and everyone will hate it forever.

CSF wrote: »
    I'm not sure they'll do a full one. Reigns looks like he's gonna be the top guy forever and everyone will hate it forever.

There'll come a time where the two of them need saving and it'll come from the super Roman

They were far too big not to have a reunion at some stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭CSF

There'll come a time where the two of them need saving and it'll come from the super Roman

They were far too big not to have a reunion at some stage
    You mean like for one match at a PPV or something? Maybe. I don't see them ever being together again as a stable for longer than that though.

You mean like for one match at a PPV or something? Maybe. I don't see them ever being together again as a stable for longer than that though.

Something like a 3-6 month run down the line, most big stables/teams get back together

Evolution reformed after nearly 10 years apart, there's been a couple of DX reunions, the NWO, the Four Horsemen there's very few that haven't reformed at some stage

The main roster is so stacked with talent now and even now WWE find it hard to give talent real direction and storylines it'll be something for those 3 to do at some stage down the line

Would prefer a triple threat ladder match with Miz for title

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Sirsok wrote: »
    Maybe nak beats cena, wins title at summerslam and Corbin cashes in
    Why? Ends a reign which has growing traction, makes a first world title reign redundant and leaves us with Corbin as champ... to face who? Nakamura who he doesn't gel with?

Mania size card in terms of amount of matches and lenght of show looks like will be happening at Summerslam at the moment

Potential card inc Pre show:-

WWE Championship - Shinsuke Nakamura vs Jinder Mahal

US Title Match: AJ Styles vs Kevin Owens w/Special Ref: Shane McMahon

Raw tag title match: Ambrose & Rollins vs Sheamus & Cesaro

Finn Balor vs Bray Wyatt

Smackdown Tag titles - The New Day vs The Usos

IC Title Match - Jason Jordan vs The Miz

Randy Orton vs Rusev

John Cena vs Baron Corbin

The Hardyz vs The Club vs The Revival

The Big Show vs Big Cass w/Enzo Amore

CW title match: Neville vs Tozawa

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Mania size card in terms of amount of matches and lenght of show looks like will be happening at Summerslam at the moment

Potential card inc Pre show:-

WWE Championship - Shinsuke Nakamura vs Jinder Mahal

US Title Match: AJ Styles vs Kevin Owens w/Special Ref: Shane McMahon

Raw tag title match: Ambrose & Rollins vs Sheamus & Cesaro

Finn Balor vs Bray Wyatt

Smackdown Tag titles - The New Day vs The Usos

IC Title Match - Jason Jordan vs The Miz

Randy Orton vs Rusev

John Cena vs Baron Corbin

The Hardyz vs The Club vs The Revival

The Big Show vs Big Cass w/Enzo Amore

CW title match: Neville vs Tozawa

Stacked card, but yikes it'll drag in parts. Plus add in whatever "entertainment act" they book for mid show..

The only time I was excited for a performance was when Tool's Adam Jones played Star Spangled Banner in 2011..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Big Cass w/ Enzo????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Big Cass w/ Enzo????

Typo probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Typo probably.

I thought I'd missed a swerve on smackdown or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Both tag title matches look like they should be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hardys and Show matches on the preshow? Maybe the CW match?

Breezango will be on there in some form as well

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

J. Marston wrote: »
    Both tag title matches look like they should be good.

Loving the Usos work at the moment. Looking forward to their match.

Yeah that was a typo alright, clearly meant to be Big Cass vs Big Show w/Enzo. Still though with that sheer amount of matches I would not be surprised if the below is the case
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    Hardys and Show matches on the preshow? Maybe the CW match?

Breezango will be on there in some form as well

I remember suffering burnout mania weekend and fear that could happen again here. It's hard to watch that many hours of wrestling without losing interest somewhat and then you have 5hrs of Raw and SD Monday/Tuesday too!

Timetable in our time zone
    Sat/Sun 19/20- NXT Takeover Brooklyn pre/main show
    Sun 20/21st- Summerslam Pre/Main show
    Tues 24th- Raw
    Weds 25th- SD live/205 Live

Lots of wrestling, have a party on the Sunday so will miss a little bit of Summerslam but will surly catch the bit I missed sumtime Monday

I'm not expecting any NXT call ups on the post Summerslam Raw/SD but ya never knw. Can't see Bobby Roode and AOP losing the titles but even if they do they will want them back and hardly say '**** the NXT titles and head to the main roster. Sanity and Aliaster Black may not be ready yet, Strong and Drew Mcintrye are relatively new too NXT and won't be moving yet. There's a few they may be ready for the main roster

Have Game of Thrones and Twin Peaks in there as well. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Have Game of Thrones and Twin Peaks in there as well. :)

And Rick & Morty!!

• Advertisement

how i would love if Shane Mcmahon turned heel and cost Styles the match and aligned himself with Kevin Owens

At least there would be some comeuppance for this heel McMahon down the line

Mind AJ Styles has already been screwed over by Shane regarding a title and beat him in a match after that so any turn by Shane would be better used to give someone some direction like Sami Zayn

At least there would be some comeuppance for this heel McMahon down the line

Mind AJ Styles has already been screwed over by Shane regarding a title and beat him in a match after that so any turn by Shane would be better used to give someone some direction like Sami Zayn

They could even do a Heel Daniel Bryan vs Shane

Bryan costs Styles the match and he creates a stable with Kevin Owens and a few other guys ??. Could lead to a 'Bryan firing angle' when his contract is running out and he decides he's not renewing ???

One can dream

It would be very hard to get DB any real heel heat, even turning on Styles mightn't be enough

You'd have to pair him with people who legit get booed and not a smarky reaction (KO), the only guys like that would be Baron Corbin and The Miz if he was to bring him over to the blue post SS

Mind I'd be on board for anything that long term leads to an in ring return, he's been cleared by doctors outside WWE and if he's happy to take the risks then away with him

Mind I'd be on board for anything that long term leads to an in ring return, he's been cleared by doctors outside WWE and if he's happy to take the risks then away with him

Its more the case of WWE management and doctors not clearing him even though he could pled to them they won't want to take the risk ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

A heel bryan were hes pissed that wwe wont clear him and who better than to take it out on the boss son. could be one of those angles with truth and storyline mixed in all at once

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

sky88 wrote: »
    A heel bryan were hes pissed that wwe wont clear him and who better than to take it out on the boss son. could be one of those angles with truth and storyline mixed in all at once

I can still see people cheering Bryan since they want him to wrestle , i think a heel Shane stopping Bryan from wrestling would work

Probably my favourite opener ever & a reminder of just how good these 2 were in their peak.

So how many of these matches will be the final match in a feud and how many will have their rematch on the next night?

So how many of these matches will be the final match in a feud and how many will have their rematch on the next night?

The only cert to be a final match, at least for a few months, would be Cena v Corbin and we prob won't Lesnar til the Rumble so the other 3 in the F4W will continue in the title scene

Every other match though could realistically happen again on the Raws and SDs within 2 weeks

Prob see a couple of the matches on Raw/SD this week anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,972 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A fatal 4 way Main Event where 3 company heels are fan babyfaces and the 1 company babyface is actually the fan heel.

• Advertisement

The final card likely

Brock Lesnar vs. Braun Strowman vs. Roman Reigns vs. Samoa Joe (Universal Championship)
    Jinder Mahal vs. Shinsuke Nakamura (WWE Championship)
    Alexa Bliss vs. Sasha Banks or Nia Jax (Raw Women's Championship)
    Neville vs. Akira Tozawa (Cruiserweight Championship)
    Naomi vs. Natalya (SmackDown Women's Championship)
    AJ Styles vs. Kevin Owens (United States Championship - Shane McMahon special referee)
    John Cena vs. Baron Corbin
    Randy Orton vs. Rusev
    Finn Balor vs. Bray Wyatt
    The New Day vs. The Usos (SmackDown Tag Team Championship)
    Big Show vs. Big Cass
    Cesaro and Sheamus vs. Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins (Raw Tag Team Championship)

Not forgetting Show/Cass has that stupid Shark Cage

looking forward too this and NXT takeover

The SS card does look weak enough on paper but its no Wrestlemania and never will be as big. Im looking forward too the Universal title fatal 4 way, Us Title, the wwe title match just for Nakamura, Raw tag title match and Demon Balor vs Bray Wyatt. Im disapointed the Hardyz are not on the card seen as its a Big 4 PPV but the injury too dawson contributed, be cool if The Hardyz interferred and challenged Ambrose/Rollins (if they win) to a match. The Miz is not even in a match ??

Braun Strowman too win the Universal title, Jindar too retain, Styles too retain, Ambrose/Rollins for the Raw tag titles, New Day retaining

looking forward too this and NXT takeover

The SS card does look weak enough on paper but its no Wrestlemania and never will be as big. Im looking forward too the Universal title fatal 4 way, Us Title, the wwe title match just for Nakamura, Raw tag title match and Demon Balor vs Bray Wyatt. Im disapointed the Hardyz are not on the card seen as its a Big 4 PPV but the injury too dawson contributed, be cool if The Hardyz interferred and challenged Ambrose/Rollins (if they win) to a match. The Miz is not even in a match ??

Braun Strowman too win the Universal title, Jindar too retain, Styles too retain, Ambrose/Rollins for the Raw tag titles, New Day retaining

dissapointed too about this but in fairness was out of their control if the revival were fit and ready wed be having that match on sunday

The Hardy's & Jordan are taking on the Miztourage on the kick-off show.
    I never noticed them off the card but their return has been a letdown, even without the broken gimmick they have nothing new to offer.
    The fact they were out on Raw with all the other wrestlers who don't have matches separating the main eventers summed up their standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

The four way should be tremendous. Though I'd be much more excited for a Brock/Braun singles match. Really like what they've done with the four of them, no real faces or heels, just four big guys wanting to beat one another. I'd love if they have Rollins and Ambrose help Reigns win as someone else suggested on this.

Some decent stuff on the card. A lot of bad/poorly booked/strange things about the card as well. Hopefully they'll do some big angles, otherwise the 30 or so matches could be tough to sit through. I'm hoping it'll be one of those shows with a poor build that way exceeds expectations.

I'll be watching tomorrow, probably before GoT, so I can skip through it anyway.

So kickoff started at 10 with main show at 12.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I cant believe Hardys are on the pre-show. Remeber huge pop they got at WM.

So this is the miz entrance how did they let this happen

https://twitter.com/scarson_/status/899381610306580481

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

RIP Jordan's push?

• Advertisement
Advertisement