Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Summerslam 2017 Thread *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

martyos121 wrote: »
    So much for that! :pac:
    Even smarter booking. Strauman looks like an absolute monster...

Which means Reigns will pin him :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Lesnar getting the Wrestlemania 20 farewell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I haven't enjoyed a wrestler as much as Braun Strowman since Daniel Bryan retired.

Strowman is so strong, such a good heel. And he can actually fcuking wrestle ontop of being an absolute beast!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭tinpib

tinpib wrote: »
    Lesnar did the X symbol there, is he legit hurt? Or is it the ould double cross switcheroo?

It was the ould double cross switcheroo, can't believe I fell for it.

• Advertisement

Everytime Reigns breaks up the pins, Cole says "saves the match for himself". Think it's a sign lads :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

WHAAAAAAT!?!? did. not. see. that. coming.....

This makes no sense. Why have him keep the title?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    This makes no sense. Why have him keep the title?

Think the plan is for him to keep the belt until Mania to lose to you know who.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It's incredible what they have done with Nakamura. I refuse to give them any more money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Largely disappointing ppv. Styles/Owens was decent. USO and new day was good on pre show. Don't get the point of Tozowa dropping the belt already.
    Couldn't care less about Big Cass or Corbin.
    I hope Vince realises now what a star Strowman can be.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

That left me incredibly frustrated.

The treatment of Rusev is infuriating. I think if Corbin is being hurt cause of his Twitter thing, it sucks too. Both seem to be punished for opposite things; Corbin stayed in character, and Rusev broke character. WWE need to make their minds up which they want their talent to do when it comes to social media and stuff like that.

Either way, its a good thing that it was Cena and Orton who got to get the wins over them. They need the rub :rolleyes:

The Mahal/Naka match was annoying too. The ending was flat and boring as hell. It needed to be way, way more dirty than it was, and it needed Nakamura to actually struggle, nearly win and then barely lose. The match felt, to me, like a one and done.

Tag match was great. Naomi/Nattie was great.

Cass/Show was dreadful. Finn/Bray was boring. The CW title switch was idiotic.

I loved the main event. It was everything I wanted and more. But I HATE that Brock retained the title. The one silver lining is they protected Brock/Brawn as a match, in that Brawn murdered Brock and Brock couldn't do anything to Brawn. But they went with the most boring option for the result. Brock brings very, very little to the title picture at the moment. Brawn and Joe would have been solid monsters with the same aura of credibility about them, Brawn more so, with the benefit of being there every week. Even Reigns would have been a better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Lord TSC wrote: »
    That left me incredibly frustrated.

The treatment of Rusev is infuriating. I think if Corbin is being hurt cause of his Twitter thing, it sucks too. Both seem to be punished for opposite things; Corbin stayed in character, and Rusev broke character. WWE need to make their minds up which they want their talent to do when it comes to social media and stuff like that.

Either way, its a good thing that it was Cena and Orton who got to get the wins over them. They need the rub :rolleyes:

The Mahal/Naka match was annoying too. The ending was flat and boring as hell. It needed to be way, way more dirty than it was, and it needed Nakamura to actually struggle, nearly win and then barely lose. The match felt, to me, like a one and done.

Tag match was great. Naomi/Nattie was great.

Cass/Show was dreadful. Finn/Bray was boring. The CW title switch was idiotic.

I loved the main event. It was everything I wanted and more. But I HATE that Brock retained the title. The one silver lining is they protected Brock/Brawn as a match, in that Brawn murdered Brock and Brock couldn't do anything to Brawn. But they went with the most boring option for the result. Brock brings very, very little to the title picture at the moment. Brawn and Joe would have been solid monsters with the same aura of credibility about them, Brawn more so, with the benefit of being there every week. Even Reigns would have been a better option.

With Nakamura i heard that Vince was pissed when Cena was dropped on his neck in that botched suplex(cenas fault imo) wouldn't be surprised if Vince has killed his main event run already

Mahal is starting to feel like the weakest champ in a long time, loses constantly on the SD shows and wins controversially on the ppv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I love how the modern day maharaja beat that indy darling nakumara. Back to japan with you.

Now feed mahal to cena. Imagine all those muscles in a wwe ring in a flag vs flag match for the wwe title !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Actually anyone spot the in the preshow that interview/spot(can't remember who) and braun walks up and says, "you talk too much" you know maffew is using that for the next botchamania haha

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Loved the main event and tag match, everything else could have been on a random episode of Raw that no one cares about. Very by the numbers and nothing really stood out. Loved Brock winning, don't get the hate he's been getting recently, chap is a superstar and feels more important than anyone else in the company, hence making the title more important through association. Everyone looked strong in that match.

Someone needs to realise or tell Finn, when you're the demon king character, be vicious and violent, do things you don't normally do like Mutoh/Great Muta. Honestly last night he just looked like Man With Paint rather than the Demon King! I know he's one of our own etc but that felt like every Finn match we've seen since his arrival to the main roster.

Tag match was just great fun don't really have much else to say about it other than Cesaro being a legend in ripping apart the beach ball. Nakumura vs Jinder was ****e, like most of Smackdown in general recently. Aj vs Owens was again underwhelming they can definitely do so much more together. Naomi vs Natalya....fine, weird result. Bliss vs Banks was much the same as its Smackdown counterpart. Rusev....why bother. Cena vs Corbin, decent opener, at least Corbin got some of his stuff in.

Edit: Genuinely forgot Big Cass vs Big Show was a thing, and that basically says everything you need to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

The SmackDown tag title match is one of the best WWE matches this year. The Usos are having a great year, these matches with New Day plus those awesome matches they had with American Alpha earlier in the year.

Switching Cruiserweight title to Tozawa on Raw was stupid when they were just going to switch it back straight away. Neville is tremendous and his title reign is my favourite thing in WWE this year.

Elias was great as ever. Sending out the Hardys and the Miz to work in front of a couple hundred people was a joke.

Naomi/Natalya was good, Cesaro/Sheamus vs Rollins/Ambrose was really good. Cesaro tearing the beach ball was great. Crowd were dreadful anyway, sitting on their hands all night and then with the beach ball while a match was on.

Main event was great. Braun vs Brock is surely the direction they're going with now. They had Braun dominate Brock, while Brock beat Reigns fairly decisively.

Rest of the show was bad. Mahal/Nakamura is up there with Wyatt/Orton as one of the worst WWE title matches I've ever seen. Hope Bálor is finished with Wyatt now. I don't care that Corbin was buried, but their misuse of Rusev is a joke. Styles/Owens was alright but the Shane stuff really hurt the match for me (except for when Owens complained about Shane being able to jump off buildings but not make a count).

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Loved Brock winning, don't get the hate he's been getting recently, chap is a superstar and feels more important than anyone else in the company, hence making the title more important through association.

Agreed. I love having dominant title reigns. Makes it so much more important when the champion eventually loses. Plus it will be a bigger moment when Brock loses the title in a singles match rather than in a four way. I really do hope it is Strowman who beats him for it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Loved Brock winning, don't get the hate he's been getting recently, chap is a superstar and feels more important than anyone else in the company, hence making the title more important through association.

He feels more important than anyone in the company because he's booked to be more important than anyone else. If they gave Brawn the same booking, then Brawn would look that way too, and (again) with the added benefit of being there every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I liked the booking of the main event. I think Brock winning is the right call. He can put over the next big thing (to coin a phrase) when he's about to leave next year, assuming that's his plan. Obviously Vince had the talk with Brock that he didn't have at the Rumble, i.e. please don't destroy Braun, Brock.

I'm still not super high on Braun or the idea that he can be a Brock-level star. I feel the reason Brock is seen as special is mainly because fans know he could kill all these guys in a shoot fight. He's seen as legit. When you hear stories about Braun getting on his knees, begging Kurt's ex-wife not to tell Kurt that he insulted her son, it's hard for me to buy this guy as a real menace away from the ring. He's a great menace in the WWE Universe (to coin another phrase) but not necessarily in the real world, whereas I can easily perceive Brock as one of the baddest dudes on the planet. Having said all that, if you think Strowman is the guy long-term, and they clearly do, then they booked it properly.

The rest of the card was not all that great, except for the Usos vs New Day which I liked. The highlight of the night for me was Cesaro ripping up that beach ball. I thought that was brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

ricero wrote: »
    I love how the modern day maharaja beat that indy darling nakumara. Back to japan with you.

And yet that "indy darling" Shinsuke has accomplished far more than Mahal has or ever will, people care for Shinsuke, whereas with Mahal, well nobody cares about him..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    And yet that "indy darling" Shinsuke has accomplished far more than Mahal has or ever will, people care for Shinsuke, whereas with Mahal, well nobody cares about him..

Mahal has won the biggest title in the world... Has Shinsuke?

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Mahal has won the biggest title in the world... Has Shinsuke?

On a fluke after being a laughing stock for how long? Shinsuke hasn't won it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, didn't have much interest going in and don't have much interest now.
    Strwoman came off looking the best of the night. They're finally doing something right with a character again. Destroying 3 tables and throwing another chair. Look forward to him against Lesnar.
    Any word on if Lesnar was hurt at all? I remember Brock was happy with his match with Joe, which I'm sure helped keep Joe in the title picture. So wonder how he feels about Braun.

Worst match of the night is split between Orton/Rusev and Show/Cass. I think it goe to Show/Cass. Because even though the other match happened as it did, it was mercifully short. I said it before but what is the point of that shark cage? And what was the point of Enzo escaping? And what was the point in that whole feud? What is the point?
    Also did Show start putting weight on again?

Had to laugh at Bliss/Banks at one point. Don't know what they were doing but they just looked so tiny in that ring.

I feel bad for The Hardy's/Jason Jordan & The Miz and his crew, wrestling in a near empty building..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I want to walk with Elias...

https://streamable.com/6dsvx

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I'm amazed with 100 or so wrestlers on the main roster WWE can't even seem to put on a good PPV or whatever they call them anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Strowman is amazing have we ever seen anyone manhandle Brock like that before.

Take Roman of of that match and put Rusev in it and it would have been epic for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Fairly poor summerslam compared to previous summerslams over the years, I liked the main event but it just made Brock look completely super human, i mean, if the 3 top guys on raw cant beat him after they threw everything at him, who can, except maybe the "free agent" John Cena

I feared for Nakamura after that incident with Cena, and i really hope its not going to cost him momentum going forward, his entrance was about the best part of that match

Styles Owens could have been so much better but Shane McMahon was just to involved for me and it spoilt it for me a bit.

The rest i had no interest in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

What an absolute sh1tshow

Jinder has won 3 out of 4 title matches in the exact same way with by interference by the singhs (which should lead to a dq) leading to his limp finisher , and the other 1 with interference by Khali whose since disappeared

There's 2 face guys as the management of Smackdown why in hell have they not pulled Jinder up on the same sh1te which is really devaluing their main event and the biggest title in the company

Neville winning back the title makes Tozawa's win on Raw seem like a fluke and this was meant to be what really happens between these 2 guys. Burying 2 guys in Corbin and Rusev when you have to rely on how many part timers to give big PPVs quality, good job WWE. Demon Balor means nothing except paint and the odd stretching his neck back pose, he's not more aggressive he doesn't do any different moves, all points made before but even though its the first time in a year the demon kane was out it doesnt do much.

Not a fan of Rollins/Ambrose winning the tag titles but thats just personal because I'd prefer them all be kept seperate until an actual Shield reunion, I can see why people like it though and my dislike of it is not because it's actual crap like the rest of it

2nd biggest show of the year, and they use the same stage as the weekly shows. And no pyro for the entrances, it's the sort of thing you don't really notice a lot when there but notice when it's missing, entrances like Lesnar Styles and Sheamus/Cesaro are missing it a lot.

None of it makes any sense at all and it's bullsh1te

Advertisement