Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bias moderation in A&P Forum

Options
  • 25-07-2017 7:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭

Hi Me again.

As the title states. The A&P mods are completely bias towards landlords.

Couldn't resurrect my last complaint on this issue that wasn't addressed

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=103628662
    Graham wrote: »
    Absolutely because they can, up until recently they didn't even have the option of that tiny sliver of additional security.

This is very dramatic.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057767165&page=12

Also, when shown stats on RTB Disputes the mods state word of mouth is better and in fact the mods advise landlords not to go to RTB.
    We actively advise landlords in this forum- not to pursue tenants- the costs and time involved can be immense- and the liklihood of getting anything back from a tenant- even if you get a judgement against them- is slim.

All very suspect.

No moderator ever seems to be pro-tenant even if they are a tenant.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

gizmo81 wrote: »
    Hi Me again.

As the title states. The A&P mods are completely bias towards landlords.

Couldn't resurrect my last complaint on this issue that wasn't addressed

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=103628662

It's not a case that your last complaint wasn't addressed, dudara asked you what you were trying to achieve because it really wasn't clear and you never answered that question. Tbh, it's no clearer on this thread.

Dramatic? :confused:
    Also, when shown stats on RTB Disputes the mods state word of mouth is better and in fact the mods advise landlords not to go to RTB.
    We actively advise landlords in this forum- not to pursue tenants- the costs and time involved can be immense- and the liklihood of getting anything back from a tenant- even if you get a judgement against them- is slim.

All very suspect.

I fail to see what's suspect about that. In fact I fail to see how it's even pro-landlord because to me that reads that the advice they give to landlords is to essentially cut their losses and not pursue claims with the RTB because there's little or no chance of getting their money back. Surely that advice favours the tenant, albeit indirectly?
    No moderator ever seems to be pro-tenant even if they are a tenant.

Moderators are not there to be pro-tenant, in the same way that they're not there to be pro-landlord. They are simply there to moderate the forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Zaph wrote: »
    It's not a case that your last complaint wasn't addressed, dudara asked you what you were trying to achieve because it really wasn't clear and you never answered that question. Tbh, it's no clearer on this thread.

Dramatic? :confused:

I fail to see what's suspect about that. In fact I fail to see how it's even pro-landlord because to me that reads that the advice they give to landlords is to essentially cut their losses and not pursue claims with the RTB because there's little or no chance of getting their money back. Surely that advice favours the tenant, albeit indirectly?

Moderators are not there to be pro-tenant, in the same way that they're not there to be pro-landlord. They are simply there to moderate the forum.

Biased moderators in the A&P Forum.

All the moderators or ones that take over the discussions are all pro-landlord and will not listen to facts.

What can be done to improve the experience of tenants using the A&P Forum?
    Currently it's anti-tenant.

I'm not going to post quotes from the thread in question as I've been reprimanded for that before. I've linked to it.

This is a recurring issue on A&P.

I just want it to be a better place for tenants to visit for advice not a cesspit of tenant bashing, landlords claiming their being victimised with legislation and landlords recommending ways to circumvent the law.

Im not asking for much just fairness.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I'm a tenant and own no property.

I also do not read the A&P forum and afair, I have never posted in there.

So, I am taking what you are saying 100% at face value but I do not see a bias issue here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭C3PO

All the moderators or ones that take over the discussions are all pro-landlord and will not listen to facts.

Sorry Gizmo but I simply don't agree with you! I am a regular reader of the A&P forum (I am neither a landlord nor tenant) and what has struck me recently is how every time you post on the forum your sentiment is always anti-landlord! What seems to escape you is that landlords are in business to make a profit not provide a social service which is the role of government!

• Advertisement

I'm a tenant and own no property.

I also do not read the A&P forum and afair, I have never posted in there.

So, I am taking what you are saying 100% at face value but I do not see a bias issue here.

No worries thanks for your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

post describing the circumstances surrounding a warning received and querying the validity of it has been unapproved.

This is a DRP issue. if you want to contest the warning please follow the Dispute resolution process which you can find HERE

hint: first step is to PM the mod and try to resolve it with them.

LoLth wrote: »
    post describing the circumstances surrounding a warning received and querying the validity of it has been unapproved.

This is a DRP issue. if you want to contest the warning please follow the Dispute resolution process which you can find HERE

hint: first step is to PM the mod and try to resolve it with them.

Thanks Lols sorry I thought it was relevant to this forum as i was saying it was biased.

Have you got a copy of my point as I didn't save it as I didn't think it would be unapproved

Thanks

C3PO wrote: »
    Sorry Gizmo but I simply don't agree with you! I am a regular reader of the A&P forum (I am neither a landlord nor tenant) and what has struck me recently is how every time you post on the forum your sentiment is always anti-landlord! What seems to escape you is that landlords are in business to make a profit not provide a social service which is the role of government!

No landlords are in the business of providing a service.

You don't hear shopkeepers moaning they have to serve the unemployed, the disabled etc

I'm not anti-landlord I'm pro-equality something A&P is not.

I think page 5 of this thread proves my point about bias

Three mods from A&P defending landlords in succession.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...7767636&page=4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Closed as there is a Help Desk issue open on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Nope. this was the helpdesk thread that got moved into feedback

However the feedback has been received and acknowledged and the DRP is underway.

there is no need for this thread to remain open as any follow up would be an admin issue now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement