Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Zen0 wrote: »
    Mudguards.

A mudflap on the front mudguard is very helpful too. (I've said this many times, I know.) Reduces spray to the lower legs, shoes and chain to practically nothing, if it's long enough. And that spray is where most of the filth that ends up on your legs, shoes and chain come from.

I get away without overshoes since adding a mudflap. I do wear hiking-style shoes though, which are pretty waterproof to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,241 ✭✭✭plodder

Surprised nobody has mentioned suitable eyewear. I'm down the country sans my usual cycling glasses, and got caught out badly on Sunday. Was wearing normal sunglasses that fogged up, couldn't see a thing and were letting the rain in from the sides. It was so bad I had to stop, wade through a field of wet grass to get shelter which meant the new overshoes I was wearing let in a load of water. :rolleyes:

Advertisement