Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't post on Talk to forums

Options
  • 25-07-2017 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I've tried to start a thread on one of the Talk to forums, it's not happening.

Can't create a new thread, and can't ask a question because the 'Post question' button doesn't work.

I'm on an iPad using the latest version of iOS.

Cheers,
    Dougal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

I'm having the same problem on iOS10 on both iPhone and iPad. The 'Post your question button' doesn't do anything. Neither do the Ask a Question or Follow Forum buttons at the bottom of the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 KatieP48

Having the very same problems myself. Un able to create a new post or post on any of the topics?

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi folks, sorry about this. First thing, could I get ye to clear your browser's cache, please?

KatieP48: What OS and device are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

It's not a brand new issue either, has been happening for around a year or so.

Hi folks, sorry about this. First thing, could I get ye to clear your browser's cache, please?

KatieP48: What OS and device are you using?

Hi Mark,

I've cleared all cookies and cache. Still cannot start a thread, or follow the Forum etc. Using iOS 10.3.2.

Thanks,

FD

• Advertisement
    Boards.ie Employee

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Hi Mark,

I've cleared all cookies and cache. Still cannot start a thread, or follow the Forum etc. Using iOS 10.3.2.

Thanks,

FD

Sorry for the delay in following up. The dev guys have been working on a fix and hope to roll it out very soon. Sorry for the inconvenience caused!

Boards.ie Employee

We've rolled out an update, which should allow users on iOS to post and reply to threads on the Talk To forums. However, when you submit your thread or reply you will be redirected to the homepage after so that's something to bear in mind.

When I click on 'Ask a question ' nothing happens.

Boards.ie Employee

Have you cleared the cache since the update was rolled out? If not, please try this and let me know if things are still the same.

Have you cleared the cache since the update was rolled out? If not, please try this and let me know if things are still the same.

I have, just did it again right now to be safe.

I cannot ask a question or follow a forum. Am using the legacy site, if that makes a difference.

• Advertisement
    Boards.ie Employee

Thanks for trying. Back to the drawing board, perhaps!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement