Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11811 - help!

Options
  • 25-07-2017 11:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40

I've just collapsed after nearly having a heart attack. 

I rang up 11811 to ask for a nearby plumber, and they charged me €33!

33 Jaysus euro. 

I immediately dropped the phone on the floor, struggled to breathe, and have just drank about five whiskey's to calm down. 

I am still contemplating whether or not I should ring an ambulance or something, 33 euros, just for asking for a nearby plumbers number? 

I'll have to drink another whiskey and probably go down to the pub and drown myself with pints of Guinness before I can get over it all. 

Why is the price of this fu**ing service so high? I only asked for a number and was on for about a minute or two. 

I'm still speechless, I'll need to be sea dated or something, or get another bucketload of whiskey. 

Has this happened to anybody else on here? 

Jaysus wept! 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Did you request call completion or just wrote down the number and hung up?
    If you went for call completion, they charged your entire conversation with the plumber at their extortionate rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

inorout wrote: »
    I've just collapsed after nearly having a heart attack. 

I rang up 11811 to ask for a nearby plumber, and they charged me €33!

33 Jaysus euro. 

I immediately dropped the phone on the floor, struggled to breathe, and have just drank about five whiskey's to calm down. 

I am still contemplating whether or not I should ring an ambulance or something, 33 euros, just for asking for a nearby plumbers number? 

I'll have to drink another whiskey and probably go down to the pub and drown myself with pints of Guinness before I can get over it all. 

Why is the price of this fu**ing service so high? I only asked for a number and was on for about a minute or two. 

I'm still speechless, I'll need to be sea dated or something, or get another bucketload of whiskey. 

Has this happened to anybody else on here? 

Jaysus wept! 
    Hi inorout,

Thanks for getting in touch. If you rang 11811 from a landlinje you would be charged €4.79 for your first minute and a further €0.95 for any additional minutes. If you rang them and they put you through to the number that you were looking for, you would be charged at 11811 rates instead of your standard rates. For future reference, if you give them another call, I'd recommend writing the number down and ringing it yourself if you get it from 11811 as it would work out cheaper for you. 

Whwn you receive your next bill (if you are set up to receive itemised bills from us) you should see a breakdown of eachcall including how long it lasted and how much you were charged for the call. 

- Adam

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 inorout

I didn't ask for a call completion. They robbed me blind for asking for a plumber. 

What next, they'll charge you for calling 999?

For f**k's sake. 

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi inorout,

Thanks for getting in touch. If you rang 11811 from a landlinje you would be charged €4.79 for your first minute and a further €0.95 for any additional minutes. If you rang them and they put you through to the number that you were looking for, you would be charged at 11811 rates instead of your standard rates. For future reference, if you give them another call, I'd recommend writing the number down and ringing it yourself if you get it from 11811 as it would work out cheaper for you. 

Whwn you receive your next bill (if you are set up to receive itemised bills from us) you should see a breakdown of eachcall including how long it lasted and how much you were charged for the call. 

- Adam

Ignoring the fact the OP is a troll, those rates you have quoted are scandalous, you should feel ashamed to work for a company that preys on people who are ignorant of your scam.

It's a sad reflection that your company are trying to milk this scam, it's only a matter of time before the vast majority of people can use google on their phones and your scam will come to an end, it looks like your disgrace of a company are going to try bleed those few people who are unable to use google (mostly elderly / uneducated).

SHAME ON YOU

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 inorout

What makes you think that I am a troll? 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,108 ✭✭✭✭muffler

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and swims like a duck then........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

muffler wrote: »
    If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and swims like a duck then........

It's a witch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

I didn't ask for a call completion. They robbed me blind for asking for a plumber. 

For f**k's sake. 
    Can you PM me your account number and full name please? 

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 46,108 ✭✭✭✭muffler

eir: Adam wrote: »

For f**k's sake. 
    Can you PM me your account number and full name please? 

- Adam
    He's a troll Adam and now a site banned troll so you wont be hearing from him. What he posted above was just a windup 

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

muffler wrote: »
    He's a troll Adam and now a site banned troll so you wont be hearing from him. What he posted above was just a windup 

Doesn't change the fact that 11811 rates are disgraceful and take advantage of people. Sickening behaviour that tarnishes what i thought was a decent company but now I see them as no different to one of those 1550 premium rate hotlines

• Advertisement
Advertisement