Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate campus accomodation

Options
  • 26-07-2017 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm from England and about to start a masters at UCD. I stuck myself on the campus waiting list over a month ago and started at 735 and quickly made it down to 582, which I've been stuck at for ages.

So anyway I don't understand how this system works and there's **** all info on the UCD website.
    Do I take this stop in the waiting list as meaning the grad accom places are taken up?
    Am I better off looking elsewhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cerande

What course will you be doing? I am a Masters student as well, and while I was lucky to get accommodation, the entire process is a serious pain in the butt, and depends entirely on luck.
    The one word of consolation I can give you is that it's a good thing you have a "number" attached to your waiting list. Some people only have "on list" as their status, and ucd has pretty much told them to find off campus housing. You still have a theoretical chance here I think.
    Are you a member of the official International students group on facebook? If you aren't, do join that since it's not only the best place to find out people who are in the same boat as yourself, you can also, God forbid, find a group of peeps to search off campus housing with.
    Good luck! Hope to see ya there :)

Advertisement