Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small stone in toddlers ear

Options
  • 26-07-2017 3:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

We are currently on hols in the U.K and my 2 year old was playing in the garden and thought it would be a good idea to put a small stone in his ear. We could see the stone and tried to get it out with tweezers. Did t work so brought him to A&E. They said stone to far in to do anything and wait until we get home as he will need to be sedated to get it taken out. Has this ever happened anyone? Could there be any long term damage?

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Not a stone in the ear, but I had a berry up my nose as a toddler and had to be sedated to have it removed. No long term effects, but I think the sedation may be more to do with minimising distress to your son and possibly ensuring he stays nice and still while they're getting the stone out.

Do you happen to have health insurance? I know some of them come with a nurse phone line number which you can ring. I've used them in the past and they've always been very reassuring.

Advertisement