Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Scaffolding hire & for how long

Options
  • 26-07-2017 8:41am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭

Would anyone like to share how long their scaffolding was on hire for their self build 2 storey house & any potential problems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

Its cheaper to buy second hand scaffolding and sell it again if you're doing a self build.

If you're getting a contractor, get them to price it into their job.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Tefral wrote: »
    Its cheaper to buy second hand scaffolding and sell it again if you're doing a self build.

If you're getting a contractor, get them to price it into their job.

Regardless of where you buy the scaffolding it must be erected by a certified scaffolds and not just put up by yourself.

Tampering with a completed scaffold is a criminal offence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

Can anyone share prices paid for hire.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 voyager1

I am based in North West currently pricing scaffolding. Seems mental expensive.

Prices so far 2k for putting up and down and 125 a week (all +VAT).

Im hoping this first one is widely off the mark and the rest of the prices are more reasonable. Will let you know when I get more prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,009 ✭✭✭893bet

voyager1 wrote: »

Im hoping this first one is widely off the mark and the rest of the prices are more reasonable. Will let you know when I get more prices.

I bought and have put put up for around 2.4k. Sold after two years for 1.9k for a quick sale (kept 3 bay for future works).

It's an expensive cost that people don't account for.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

I've seen costs far higher than that in cork

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

893bet wrote: »
    voyager1 wrote: »

I bought and have put put up for around 2.4k. Sold after two years for 1.9k for a quick sale (kept 3 bay for future works).

It's an expensive cost that people don't account for.
    That very cheap
    Evening you never sold it you saved thousand s.
    I was quoted 7000. To scaffold out the inside of hall. To fit a fancy ceiling. It was up 2 lifts and 25 ft X 5p ft.

It only cost you 500 to use it. Very cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭mjp

Quoted around £3,000 for 8 weeks in west of Ireland. 150 a week after that. That's for 2,500 sq foot house.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 darragh_1

Paid approx. €4,500 in late 2016 for scaffolding for around 6 weeks for a 2,500sq.m. timber frame house in north-east. Erecting and dismantling was about €2,200 and scaffolding was hired at .40 cent per item.
    That was the cheapest of 3 quotes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Is it insurances costs/liability insurance that has cost so high?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Shaunoc

I bought for my 2 storey build and very glad I did.
    Ran into several delays along the way with ESB pole in the way, adverse weather etc... Job went a few months longer than expected!
    Had to get a certified scaffolder in a few times along the way to keep things above board.
    Now finished and hoping to sell for more or less what I paid for scaffolding. Will take a loss on the new planks but nothing major compared to leasing scaffolding etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 newtoathlone

Shaunoc - what part of the country are you in? - I am looking for certified scaffolder to ticket my scaffolding. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Shaunoc

Shaunoc - what part of the country are you in? - I am looking for certified scaffolder to ticket my scaffolding. thanks

in cavan/meath area
    pm if thats where you are. i would have to dig into last years paperwork to find the name

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭covey09

Can you PM me your Scaffolding Company plz

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gloc101

lads wat price should I change per m2 to erect and dismantle going on price for a building company tipperary south

Advertisement