Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the point of adverts for companies that don't deliver to Ireland?

Options
  • 26-07-2017 10:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭

http://www.thesawcentre.co.uk relevant ad but pointless as they don't seem to deliver to Ireland (just the north).
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi my3cents.

They have Republic of Ireland listed on the Delivery & Returns page. I see they seem to drop this option once you go to checkout though; that's a weird one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Obviously its not up to us to sort out the companies delivery policy for them but it just seemed a bit daft advertising here when you can't easily order from them. I click on very few adverts so it makes it doubly pointless if the one I do take an interest in won't deliver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Just a quick follow up on the organisation of reporting Inappropriate Ads - why do you currently have two places to make reports?

I used Feedback and chose [Inappropriate Ads] from the menu but I noticed that the old "Inappropriate ads-post links here" thread is still open in the Feedback > Notifications and Access Requests sub forum.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Two places are better than none :D

In seriousness, there are prefixes in Feedback where the issues are better suited to a different forum - Help Desk or Site Development being the most common. However, if people have an issue, something called Feedback will be their first port of call; we can deal with / move from here as appropriate. Others will be more aware of that particular thread and use that before thinking of other avenues, so good to leave people with choice / options. We keep an eye on both anyways.

Advertisement