Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standing order for Loan missed

Options
  • 26-07-2017 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi,

I missed my standing order for my loan repayment this morning. Repayments coming from a sole account  i no longer use. 

Funds have now been transferred to the current account. Will the standing order be taken automatically later or should I make a manual transfer?

I am well ahead on the loan so there's no danger of arrears anyway.

Graham.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Contrails wrote: »
    Hi,

I missed my standing order for my loan repayment this morning. Repayments coming from a sole account  i no longer use. 

Funds have now been transferred to the current account. Will the standing order be taken automatically later or should I make a manual transfer?

Graham.
    Hi Contrails,

Thanks for your post. Standing orders for loan repayments usually represent again the following day once the funds are available in your account.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks again,
    Jane.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭GeturGun

Contrails wrote: »
    Hi,

Graham.
    Hi Contrails,

Thanks for your post. Standing orders for loan repayments usually represent again the following day once the funds are available in your account.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks again,
    Jane.
    Hi there BOI, 

Does this still work the same? I have a SO that goes out on the 3rd to a term loan and I just noticed this morning that the account is €20 short. There is no missed SO fee showing yet and I've transferred enough to cover it now. 

Should I wait or should I transfer the payment to the loan. I really don't want a missed payment on the loan :eek:  Have I missed it representing on the 4th too ??? I transferred the €20 around 12:30pm on 4th (today)

thanks in advance

Anne 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kathryne

Hi Anne,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here in Boards.ie.

A normal standing order will try for 2 consecutive days before it goes unpaid.

However, standing orders to loans coming out of your current account usually present again on the 3rd day (tomorrow) before an unpaid fee gets applied. If both your current account and loan are with us then you should be okay and the payment will leave tomorrow.

Since you've made a lodgement today, if the funds don't go out by close of business then it should be paid first thing tomorrow morning.

I hope this info helps

Many thanks,
    Kat

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭GeturGun

Hi Anne,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here in Boards.ie.

A normal standing order will try for 2 consecutive days before it goes unpaid.

However, standing orders to loans coming out of your current account usually present again on the 3rd day (tomorrow) before an unpaid fee gets applied. If both your current account and loan are with us then you should be okay and the payment will leave tomorrow.

Since you've made a lodgement today, if the funds don't go out by close of business then it should be paid first thing tomorrow morning.

I hope this info helps

Many thanks,
    Kat
    Thanks a million for getting back to me Kat.
    Yes the account and the loan are both with yourselves so it sounds like it will be ok.

thanks again 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kathryne

Hi Anne,

You're very welcome, glad to be of help.

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Many thanks,
    Kat

• Advertisement
Advertisement