Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business payment rejected

Options
  • 26-07-2017 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I made an online payment yesterday that the retailed has informed me was rejected by Bank of Ireland. I didn't get any notification from you as to why this payment was rejected and I'd like to get more details. Who can I contact?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

aosaigh wrote: »
    I made an online payment yesterday that the retailed has informed me was rejected by Bank of Ireland. I didn't get any notification from you as to why this payment was rejected and I'd like to get more details. Who can I contact?
    Hi aosaigh,

Thanks for your post. If this payment was made using your Visa Debit Card, there are a various reasons why it would not be successful. An authorisation code is issued by the bank once you enter your 4 Digit Card PIN, so if the retailer did not receive this code, the payment would not go through. If a card transaction is declined by the bank, only the retailer is notified.

You can use your Banking 365 profile to 'Ask a Question', on the Service Desk. Please include in your message, the nature and details of the payment, so an advisor can look into this further for you.

Please let us know if you need any more help with this.

Thanks again,
    Jane.

Advertisement