Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

apple software transfer - final cut pro, logic

Options
  • 26-07-2017 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My dad recently bought a mac book pro second hand with lots of essential expensive software i need on my mac book pro for my college course, which is media, these are softwares like Final Cut Pro, Logic, and few others.
    Does anybody know anyone who can transfer these softwares to my mac book pro.
    I dont want to have to buy these softwares all over again when they are on a family members laptop. I have tried to family share them but apple wont let me share the softwares from one laptop to another.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Apple will see it as piracy the EU see it as perfectly acceptable to transfer software. You could try small claims court but you'd run into an issue that you'll first need to transfer the stuff from the seller of the second hand laptop and two transfers may not be possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Does your college not suggest any free alternatives or give you access to a student license of some sort? Or VPN access to use a lab PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

use the computers in college.

you could get avid media composer first for free if you want to edit...

and then use a studio in college with pro tools or whatever they use for your sound

Advertisement