Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laurel Hedge failing

Options
  • 26-07-2017 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I have a laurel hedge which was planted in 2012.
    The ground in which it is planted is a heavy clay soil type but I have a land drain running along both sides of the hedge and it is also planted up on a mound of soil which I got from digging the land drain so it is of the same type. This mound is also covered with weed block netting.
    Initially it done very well but this last few years it has gone backwards. The leaves are yellow in colour and the fall off quite easily. I have noticed on one area particularly that the leaves have gone soft and are drooping down.
    I have put chicken manure pellets around the base of some plants which does work in the short term but then the go back the same again.
    A friend of mine told me I need to put down “muriate of potash” as it seems to be lacking some nutrients but that I need to be very careful using it that I could do more damage plus I am finding it hard to find a place that stocks it. So is there something similar to muriate of potash but would be safer to use?

Comments

Advertisement