Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE Job Evaluation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Jules_G wrote: »
    Where can I get the form? Can someone post a link to it please as I can't seem to find it

Hope this works

https://www.hse.ie/eng/staff/leadership-education-development/job-evaluation-scheme-2016/

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Donnachain1

http://forsatradeunion.newsweaver.com/designtest/u6clrwf0apca5dnbi4rcm8?email=true&a=1&p=53340486&t=30058730

Did you see this? "Hundreds of applications have already been assessed, many of which have resulted in an upgrading." BS!

Does anyone know where these hunderds of applications are because I know it isnt the West!! I'll be waiting a year next month. I've been told could be another 9 months at least waiting. I wouldnt mind if it was backpaid.

I think it's time people starting putting pressure on their HR departments because they are really pulling the pee!

has anyone at all got an answer yet?

Form has been signed off by my Grade V and then Grade VIII. Been sent to HR and got an email this morning to say it is being put forward for processing! Now see how that goes.
    Amazing how much you actually do when you have to write it all down - even the boss was impressed lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Are applications still being accepted?

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Are applications still being accepted?
    Yes it's on going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Braids

Quite a few applicants apparently filled out the on-line JES form available when the Scheme launched in Sept 2016.
    Unfortunately many of these were sent back in the past months for additions missing e.g. home address/email etc.
    We hear ours have now been sent back to the Evaluation Office. Anyone receiving upgrades directly OR via interview yet in the East?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Cypresstree

Hi Everyone,

I submitted my JES application in November 2017, contacted them in February 2018 for an update, was told that they were processing September 17 applications at that point.

I have since emailed every month... and it appears that they are still processing September 2017! 6 months later!! :eek:

Has anyone made any progress?:confused:

KR

Hi Cypres, I submitted mine last June (I am a Grade 4) there are nearly 200 gone from our organisation alone and only 30 people have gotten a response in a over a YEAR. I am starting to get pissed off there is no back pay for the wait if u are upgraded. They seem to be interviewing everyone as well. What happened to paper based exercise. It was like a 20 page form I thought it was based on points system anyway nearly 15 months later here I am still waiting!! Unions are useless. People need to start complaining.

The Application form is actually soul destroying!! I cant even get a contact number for them!
    It is bad form. I know of a couple of guys here who got upgraded from a 3 to a 6, and another from a 3 to a 5!
    One other girl has just had her interview! And she applied the same time as me.

It took me 9 months to do it. I had to keep going away from it nightmare. They dont have a number there is no phone for them they only do email and it always replies with a generic response. It take ages to get back. I emailed for a timeframe as to how much longer I will be waiting. They cant say!! They are so vague. It is a joke.

Wow 3 to 6!!!!! Did u heard anything back about how hard the interview was?

Did ur friend have a letter from a 3rd party mediation that she was seen first. They seem to do it sporadically.

• Advertisement

General consensus is that the interview was fine, just questioning about the information in the application form etc., and if anything had changed since the time of submission etc.

Do they acknowledge receipt of the form? I don't even know if HR have sent it on.

I don't think so. You need to check with HR that they sent it on to the next level up for signing!

I don't think so. You need to check with HR that they sent it on to the next level up for signing!
    What annoys me is we didn't even need to send it to HR. Our manager is a grade 8 and signed it. Could have just sent it on to the HSE myself!

Apparently it has to go to regional level for sign off and then national HR sign off... there are extra forms and cover sheets that are attached to it at each level.
    Seriously though, get confirmation that it has left your HR Dept!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

General consensus is that the interview was fine, just questioning about the information in the application form etc., and if anything had changed since the time of submission etc.

What happens if your work does change in the timeframe. It looks like a possible 2 year wait at this stage so people's job may change a little or even a lot.

Apparently it has to go to regional level for sign off and then national HR sign off... there are extra forms and cover sheets that are attached to it at each level.
    Seriously though, get confirmation that it has left your HR Dept!!!
    Back again! As of Oct the form was still sitting in HR! Going to follow it up again later and see if it is still there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Effaat

Did any of you actually get upgraded yet?

So I recently got called for my JE interview after 18 months of waiting.
    I'm just waiting on the result now but wont hear til after Christmas. I know a lot of people who have gotten upgraded so far.

Great stuff . . . Best of luck with your result!! Supposedly they have more assessors coming on board in the New Year . . . So to any of ye that have applied keep the faith!

• Advertisement

So how did you do? Hope after all your hard work u got a positive result

• Registered Users Posts: 26 muffinman11

Trying to fill out this form now. I'm a three looking to be upgraded to a four. A lot of the form is definitely not for my level. Impact on resources. Leadership. Finding this form impossible. If anyone can help I'd very much appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Daisyduck17

Muffinman11 I am finding that 20 page form impossible. I started 2 years ago and still no further on. I need help too. Did you do anymore to your application?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Cloconjo

Has anybody here been upgraded yet. I'm currently filling out my form and finding it quite challenging?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mossir

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

Mossir wrote: »
    Good luck.

Still using Lotus Notes. Jesus Christ, the HSE is a shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Peggy33

Hello has anyone had their job evaluated under this scheme
    How long did it take to get result of your appointment meeting
    It's been 11 weeks since I've had mine starting to worry

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Peggy33

Hello has anyone had their job evaluated under this scheme
    How long did it take to get result of your appointment meeting
    It's been 11 weeks since I've had mine starting to worry

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Cloconjo

Mossir wrote: »
    Good luck.

Wow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 MartyC286

I applied in July 2019, got an email a few months later with my reference number and that they would be in contact to arrange an interview. Have heard nothing since!! I emailed several times and they are using the covid excuse for delay.. Hello my application went in way before any covid... 🙄 Absolute disgrace..

Advertisement