Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spam in drafts folder

Options
  • 26-07-2017 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

I'm having an issue with tons of spam in my draft email folder. Each one seems to have a slightly smutty picture attached

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Tommyboy40 wrote: »
    I'm having an issue with tons of spam in my draft email folder. Each one seems to have a slightly smutty picture attached
    Hi Tommyboy40,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear of the issues you're having with your emails. Unfortunately, we wouldn't be able to prevent spam emails going to your email address. I'd recommend deleting these emails as soon as they appear in one of your folders.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

That's probably a sign that your email account has been hacked and is being used to distribute spam. Happened to me on an old eir email account that shared a password with an account that was involved in one of the Yahoo security breaches.

Usually they're clever enough to erase their tracks by setting the option to save sent emails in the Sent folder off, but for whatever reason some emails seem to get stuck in Drafts.

Change your password as soon as you can and the problem will most likely go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Tommyboy40

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi Tommyboy40,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear of the issues you're having with your emails. Unfortunately, we wouldn't be able to prevent spam emails going to your email address. I'd recommend deleting these emails as soon as they appear in one of your folders.

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

The spam isn't going to my email address, it's originating from it. My draft emails folder is constantly full of such emails

Hi Tommyboy40,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

The spam isn't going to my email address, it's originating from it. My draft emails folder is constantly full of such emails
    I'm afraid the only advice that I can offer you here would be to change your password for security reasons. 

I am very sorry that I can't do more for you here.

- Adam

Hi Tommyboy40,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

I'm afraid the only advice that I can offer you here would be to change your password for security reasons. 

I am very sorry that I can't do more for you here.

- Adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Hi Tommyboy40,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

Then the issue is what I mentioned, your account has been hacked somehow. Change your password.

Alun wrote: »
    Hi Tommyboy40,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

Then the issue is what I mentioned, your account has been hacked somehow. Change your password.
    I've tried that and am now locked out of my account. Tried multiple times to chat via webpage but chat disconnected while waiting for tech support. Tried calling Tech support number as advised on website but I have neither an eir phone number or broadband number and there's no option to skip phone number. My account predates the security questions

Alun wrote: »
    Hi Tommyboy40,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

I've tried that and am now locked out of my account. Tried multiple times to chat via webpage but chat disconnected while waiting for tech support. Tried calling Tech support number as advised on website but I have neither an eir phone number or broadband number and there's no option to skip phone number. My account predates the security questions
    If you send an email from an alternative email address to wmsupport@eir.ie a member of our online support team should be able to check on this for you. Apologies for the inconvenience.

- Adam

Any Idea how long it should take to get a reply? I was advised to email support.business@eircom.net which i did on 15/08 and wmsupport@eir.ie which I did on 16/08 and I've not had a reply. On both mails I included the name and address used to set up the email and an alternate contact email (my work one, easily verified) and my phone number

Any Idea how long it should take to get a reply? I was advised to email support.business@eircom.net which i did on 15/08 and wmsupport@eir.ie which I did on 16/08 and I've not had a reply. On both mails I included the name and address used to set up the email and an alternate contact email (my work one, easily verified) and my phone number

Sorry to hear you haven't received a response yet. I'm afraid I wouldn't have a response time for them, however, they will be back in touch with you when they look into your issue.

- Adam

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear you haven't received a response yet. I'm afraid I wouldn't have a response time for them, however, they will be back in touch with you when they look into your issue.

- Adam
    Is there anything else I can do to get this sorted? All my bills etc are on this account

- Adam
    Is there anything else I can do to get this sorted? All my bills etc are on this account
    If you don't receive a response to your email next week, we'll chase it up for you if you get back in touch with us here.

- Adam

I'm wondering how difficult can it be to get this sorted. I've provides all the necessary information and still have no access to my information. I am getting fed up with the apparent lack of action on this, If i was sending my information by post it would be faster!

I'm wondering how difficult can it be to get this sorted. I've provides all the necessary information and still have no access to my information. I am getting fed up with the apparent lack of action on this, If i was sending my information by post it would be faster!
    Hi,

I'm very sorry to hear this. Did you receive a response to your email yet?

- Adam

Hi Adam,

I have had a reply looking for further information which I submitted on 21st August. I've had no reply since then. Frankly this level of service is unacceptable. I can't understand how it can be this difficult. I've had no access to my email for 4 weeks now and nothing seems to be done. I've had this email for over 20 years and given Eircom thousands for telephone and broadband in that time.

Hi Adam,

I have had a reply looking for further information which I submitted on 21st August. I've had no reply since then. Frankly this level of service is unacceptable. I can't understand how it can be this difficult. I've had no access to my email for 4 weeks now and nothing seems to be done. I've had this email for over 20 years and given Eircom thousands for telephone and broadband in that time.
    I am really sorry to hear that you still haven't received an update here. Can you PM me your email address please?

- Adam

PM sent

PM sent
    I will respond to your PM shortly. 

-Adam

So finally this has been sorted - sort of! I can finally access my account but there are no mails for the last month, not a single one. will these reappear?
    Also it would have been nice if eir had notified users that the incoming mail server had changed so that Mac users could use the mail app. I do feel sorry for Adam, having to field these posts but having first posted here on 15 August, PM'ing me today asking whether I'd tried logging in using a web browser is a little lazy

So finally this has been sorted - sort of! I can finally access my account but there are no mails for the last month, not a single one. will these reappear?
    Also it would have been nice if eir had notified users that the incoming mail server had changed so that Mac users could use the mail app. I do feel sorry for Adam, having to field these posts but having first posted here on 15 August, PM'ing me today asking whether I'd tried logging in using a web browser is a little lazy
    Glad to hear you can access your emails again. 

In regards to your emails from last month, you would need to query this further with our online team who were assisting you with getting into your email account again. I understand that you have been waiting a long time for a response from them about your other query, however, we can't retrieve them from here. I can't guarantee that our online team will be able to retrieve these for you.

- Adam

• Advertisement

In regards to your emails from last month, you would need to query this further with our online team who were assisting you with getting into your email account again. I understand that you have been waiting a long time for a response from them about your other query, however, we can't retrieve them from here. I can't guarantee that our online team will be able to retrieve these for you.

- Adam
    So basically you're saying that the last month doesn't exist. How can this be acceptable? Surely as a customer of over 20 years I should have had some sort of notification, possibly an email, to say my account was being closed. 

- Adam
    So basically you're saying that the last month doesn't exist. How can this be acceptable? Surely as a customer of over 20 years I should have had some sort of notification, possibly an email, to say my account was being closed. 
    You would need to get back in touch with our web support team for more information on this. If they can't retrieve your emails from last month I sincerely apologise.

- Adam

Advertisement