Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De Giro

• 26-07-2017 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hey guys,

I just set up an account today with De Giro and have a question.
    When looking up certain stocks etc., some have no informations regarding price, graphs etc. and appear blank. I've noticed this on other sites and don't understand what this means. Can i not buy shares in these companies?

For example there is no info on the Karelian Diamond Resources stock, can i not buy these so? Just an example.

Thanks a million and apologies if this is a stupid question with an obvious answer
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Hey guys,

I just set up an account today with De Giro and have a question.
    When looking up certain stocks etc., some have no informations regarding price, graphs etc. and appear blank. I've noticed this on other sites and don't understand what this means. Can i not buy shares in these companies?

For example there is no info on the Karelian Diamond Resources stock, can i not buy these so? Just an example.

Thanks a million and apologies if this is a stupid question with an obvious answer

No it's just DeGiro are a trading platform and not too bothered about keeping stuff up to date. If you cant find it you can ring them up and tell them to add it on to their system for you (it might take a day or so). But their graphs are still terrible, or non-existant.

I use google finance to keep tabs... here's Karelian Diamond Resources https://www.google.com/finance?q=Karelian+Diamond+Resources&ei=7ux4WYiDDIzzUo_5l5AL
    Click on 'add to portfolio' in google or 'add transaction data' if you buy or sell in degiro. It's says realtime prices for that one, there's usually a delay with foreign markets.

So in DeGiro, Just do a search of the full name in the search bar at the top (often the ticker name doesn't work). Just from typing in 'Karel' it's bringing up the product, so you can chose whether it's the ISE or LSE you want. (the chart on the LSE is there!)
    Click on the Buy or Sell and name the price you want based on more up to date data from outside degiro.

Have you some juicy info on Karelian Diamond Resources you'd like to share? :pac:

Oh yeah they take ages to clear money when you transfer it in so you wouldn't want to be in a rush. I think someone named an intermediary service which will give you a quicker deposit method. This is not good when you're hammered on a Saturday night thinking you're the Wolf of Wall Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Tradingview.com is a bit better than google if you want to get into trading stats a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭slystallone

do Banks frown upon de giro transactions on bank statements for the purposes of mortgage approval?

Advertisement