Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eir mobile VoLTE

Options
  • 26-07-2017 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

I have a Samsung S7 edge (which was originally on Three) and I don't seem to have the option to enable VoLTE, which I believe you support? . Can you tell me how to enable it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

irishguy wrote: »
    I have a Samsung S7 edge (which was originally on Three) and I don't seem to have the option to enable VoLTE, which I believe you support? . Can you tell me how to enable it?
    Hi irishguy,

Thanks for getting in touch. We offer Wifi calling which works when you're connected to broadband rather than data. However, your phone would need to be purchased through us in order to avail of this service. If your phone was purchased through a third party company, you would need to go into an eir store and they will be able to send your phone in order to get this service enabled for you.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bart877

Hi Eir, 

I own ONEPLUS 5 which has VolTE as standard when I insert your SIM card and enabled VOLTE will that work in no signal areas but with broadband available? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

bart877 wrote: »
    Hi Eir, 

I own ONEPLUS 5 which has VolTE as standard when I insert your SIM card and enabled VOLTE will that work in no signal areas but with broadband available? 
    Hi bart877,

Unfortunately, the oneplus 5 is not eligible for this service with us.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bart877

eir: Adam wrote: »
    bart877 wrote: »
    Hi Eir, 

Hi bart877,

Unfortunately, the oneplus 5 is not eligible for this service with us.

- Adam
    thank you Adam, I know that OnePlus 5 is capable of VOLTE however Oneplus and Eir needs to exchange some technical settings in order to have this enabled. From researching the internet I have noticed that it took quite a while to onboard T-Mobile in Germany so I guess we will never see this coming in Ireland for devices out of the mainstream. 

Advertisement