Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to get Windows 10

Options
  • 26-07-2017 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have a laptop which had Windows 7 Home Premium edition (think it was OEM version) I have the license key on the back of the laptop but a year ago a friend installed a version of Win 7 due to a virus and I cannot activate Windows 7 since.

So my question is if I want Windows 10 I think there may be a chance to install for free as I have a Windows 7 Home Premium edition. Problem is the current version is not the original verison and is some other un-activated version and I doubt I can do the upgrade from within the current Win 7 OS. Is it possible to download Windows 10 and use my old Win 7 key (sounds silly I know)

If I need to buy a license then I will but I was quoted 145 euros from Curries - is that the norm? Any other suggestions - online perhaps?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

steps_3314 wrote: »
    Hi, I have a laptop which had Windows 7 Home Premium edition (think it was OEM version) I have the license key on the back of the laptop but a year ago a friend installed a version of Win 7 due to a virus and I cannot activate Windows 7 since.

So my question is if I want Windows 10 I think there may be a chance to install for free as I have a Windows 7 Home Premium edition. Problem is the current version is not the original verison and is some other un-activated version and I doubt I can do the upgrade from within the current Win 7 OS. Is it possible to download Windows 10 and use my old Win 7 key (sounds silly I know)

If I need to buy a license then I will but I was quoted 145 euros from Curries - is that the norm? Any other suggestions - online perhaps?

If you have a legit Copy of windows 7, You can still upgrade for free to windows 10.

You would need to have the original Key,

https://www.howtogeek.com/265409/you-can-still-get-windows-10-for-free-from-microsofts-accessibility-site/

Advertisement